Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Challenges Foundation of the Football League's Fun Challenge

Foundation of the Football League’s Challenge

Can you re-create the Original Formation of the Football league

History

Premier_League_Logo.svg.png.f1c7f1ff57f0635abefc69309a54064c.png

English Premier League:

At the top of the English football league system, it is the country's primary football competition. Contested by 20 clubs, it operates on a system of promotion and relegation with the English Football League (EFL; known as "The Football League" before 2016–17).

The Premier League is a corporation in which the 20 member clubs act as shareholders. Seasons run from August to May. Teams play 38 matches each (playing each team in the league twice, home and away), totalling 380 matches in the season. Most games are played on Saturday and Sunday afternoons; others during weekday evenings. It is colloquially known as the Premiership and outside the UK it is commonly referred to as the English Premier League (EPL).

LaLiga_Santander.svg.png.0b6b6b778726eb529159bcac35bc1ac3.png

Spanish La Liga:

The Primera División, commonly known as La Liga and as La Liga Santander for sponsorship reasons, is the top professional association football division of the Spanish football league system. Administrated by the Liga de Fútbol Profesional (LFP), La Liga is contested by 20 teams, with the three lowest-placed teams relegated to the Segunda División and replaced by the top two teams in that division plus the winner of a play-off.

In April 1927, José María Acha, a director at Arenas Club de Getxo, first proposed the idea of a national league in Spain. After much debate about the size of the league and who would take part, the Real Federación Española de Fútbol eventually agreed on the ten teams who would form the first Primera División in 1929. Real Madrid, Barcelona, Athletic Bilbao, Real Sociedad, Arenas Club de Getxo and Real Unión were all selected as previous winners of the Copa del Rey. Atlético Madrid, Espanyol and Europa qualified as Copa del Rey runners-up and Racing de Santander qualified through a knockout competition. Only three of the founding clubs, Real Madrid, Barcelona and Athletic Bilbao, have never been relegated from the Primera División.

Bundesliga_logo_(2017).svg.png.b25b0f797916552a789ab108500a9680.png

Germany Bundesliga:

The Bundesliga (lit. English: "Federal League", sometimes referred to as the Fußball-Bundesliga or 1. Bundesliga is a professional association football league in Germany and the football league with the highest average stadium attendance worldwide. At the top of the German football league system, the Bundesliga is Germany's primary football competition. The Bundesliga is contested by 18 teams and operates on a system of promotion and relegation with the 2. Bundesliga. Seasons run from August to May. Most games are played on Saturdays and Sundays, with a few games played on weekdays. All the Bundesliga clubs qualify for the DFB-Pokal. The winner of the Bundesliga qualifies for the DFL-Supercup.

The Bundesliga was founded in 1962 in Dortmund and the first season started in 1963. The structure and organisation of the Bundesliga along with Germany's other football leagues have undergone frequent changes right up to the present day. The Bundesliga was founded by the Deutscher Fußball-Bund (English: German Football Association), but is now operated by the Deutsche Fußball Liga (English: German Football League).

LegaSerieAlogoTIM.png.615b2a88c1909cf97df9244fca52bfd9.png

Italy’s Lega Series A:

Serie A, also called Serie A TIM due to sponsorship by TIM, is a professional league competition for football clubs located at the top of the Italian football league system and the winner is awarded the Coppa Campioni d'Italia. It has been operating for over eighty years since the 1929–30 season. It had been organized by Lega Calcio until 2010, when the Lega Serie A was created for the 2010–11 season.

In its current format, the Italian Football Championship was revised from having regional and interregional rounds, to a single-tier league from the 1929–30 season onwards. The championship titles won prior to 1929 are officially recognised by FIGC with the same weighting as titles that were subsequently awarded. However, the 1945–46 season, when the league was played over two geographical groups due to the ravages of WWII, is not statistically considered, even if its title is fully official. All the winning teams are recognised with the title of Campione d'Italia ("Champion of Italy"), which is ratified by the Lega Serie A before the start of the next edition of the championship.

Rules:

The idea is to see if you can get the Original clubs back into the Formation League. Start off with one of the Teams already out of the Top League and only move from them when one of the other clubs need a manager, otherwise remain at the same club. Any team in RED is no longer in the Top League, so can you get them all back in there, and at least last one complete season (Without Relegation).

Any team that is Highlighted cannot get back in as they don’t exist in the Database. There is no reasoning or options why I have created these 4 Leagues, they are ones I have more frequently used myself, so to see if there is any interest then it should be a good Fun Challenge, if not it will die of death and everyone will forget it. Otherwise if there is more interest I will create other Leagues (recommendations) for everyone to attempt this.

Instructions:

You WILL have to create a different SAVE for each Country as they don’t have lower leagues if you create all Countries with one save, only the Primary has the lower leagues.

Intention:

Is to simply get each club back into the original Formation League for at least one season before leaving and moving on to the next club, the end goal to get each Original Formation club back into the Top League for at least one last season, after that it is left to there own problems as you move on.

England - Premiership League (1992)

Manchester United
Aston Villa (Championship)
Norwich (Championship)
Blackburn Rovers (Championship)
Queens Park Rangers (Championship)

Liverpool
Sheffield Wednesday (Championship)
Tottenham
Manchester City
Arsenal
Chelsea
Wimbledon (League One)
Everton
Sheffield United (League One)
Coventry (League One)
Ipswich Town (Championship)
Leeds United (Championship)

Southampton
Oldham Athletic (League One)
Crystal Palace
Middlesborough
Nottingham forest (Championship)

Spain - La Liga (1929)

Real Madrid
Barcelona
Athletico Bilboa
Real Sociedad
Arenas Club de Getxo (Second Division B2)
Real Union de Irun (Second Division B2)

Atletico Madrid
Espanyol
CE Europa
Racing de Santander (Second Division B1)

Germany - Bundesliga (1963)

Borussia Dortmund
Eintracht Braunschweig (Second Division)
Eintract Frankfurt
Hamburger SV
Hertha BSC
1. FC Kaiserslautern (Second Division)
Karlsruher SC (Second Division)

1.FC Koln
Meidericher SV Duisburg (Third Division)
1860 Munich (Munchen) (Second Division)

1. FC Nurnberg (Second Division)
SC Preußen Münster (Third Division)
1. FC Saarbrucken
FC Schalke 04
Vfb Stuttgart
Werder Bremen

Italy - Series A (1929)

Alessandria (Series C/A)
Ambrosiana (Internazionale)
Bologna
Brescia (Series B)
Cremonese (Series C/A)

Genova 1893 (Genoa)
Juventus
Lazio
A.S. Livorno Calcio (Series C/A)
Milan
Modena (Series C/B)
Napoli
Calcio Padova (Series C/B)
Aurora Pro Patria (Series D/B)
Pro Vercelli (Series B)
Roma
Torino
Unione Triestina (Series D/C)

18 minutes ago, Cockers2505 said:

@AndersJ, @mcandrew003 it's not meant to be anything but fun currently, do you think I should make it a challenge, due to not knowing if there would be any interest I left it as Fun?

One has to use all his save slots or did i misunderstand , that could hold me from doing it because i love having 4 different things going all the time.

No you do them one at a time, report how many seasons each country takes, once completed move on to the next country save, that's how I see it otherwise if you load them together you only get one set of lower leagues

Ahh okay now i see, but it is a good idea, but maybe a bit to long a challenge for me, but surely some in here will find it very challenging and complete it if you make it :)

Cockers,question on England - do you also get extra points for taking up the members of the original First Division from the 1890s?(With Accrington Stanley representing OG Accrington)

Hi @KennyMiller27 I didn't really take into account the scale this could go, it's already a long career path with these 4 leagues, so to answer your question honestly no not really, the idea was the Formation of the Leagues as they are now, but what a challenge thinking ahead if you wanted to look at alternatives like that, something to think about mate

A question for anybody to comment, do you think this could be split into 4 challenges, so each country is the challenge, quickest time (seasons) to get all the teams back into their relevant top league get people onto a leaderboard, that way you can finish 1 challenge and have breaks in between not making it as long as thought in the first place, happy for you comments