Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KennyMiller27

The Pot's Treasure - 7 Great Irish Prospects in FMM17

The Pot’s Treasures – 7 Great Irish Prospects in FMM17

The Irish league systems, both in Northern Ireland and the Republic, have produced wonderful footballers throughout history. Names like Best, Aldridge, Keane, Staunton, Jennings, Davis, Healy and Coleman have sparkled on the club and international stages throughout the years, and with both the Republic and Northern Ireland doing reasonably well recently, the future looks bright. These kids could be the future, and you can get in on the ground floor with them on FM and brag about them when they become stars!

Lee Desmond

Screenshot_20170601-004244.thumb.png.db1bf416362c41222f60d2578896ad64.png

-    The former Newcastle United trainee, Republic U-21 international and St. Pats centerback is one of those players that can boss around defenses for two divisions if brought in early. Signable for an average of £65,000 , his stat development favors comparably to a top-6 Championship centerback and he can fetch a healthy profit once you decide to move him on.

Fee: £50,000 – £80,000
Will sign for: Anyone up to League Two
AI pursuers: Cardiff and Birmingham

Rory Feely

Screenshot_20170601-004307.thumb.png.70c6db1a0d0e67aa7ef558334ba3413e.png

-    Lee Desmond’s understudy at St. Pats, Feely is a raw prospect with solid primary stats and a LOT of wiggle room to develop. If you can get him in early and get him under a good coaching routine, he can become a solid Championship centerback.

Fee: £20,000
Will sign for: Anyone up to Top Conference squads
AI pursuers: None

Stephen Best

Screenshot_20170601-004344.thumb.png.242312739e331e8ad5bbabe002b2e004.png

-    The Bohs youngster is another centerback that profiles very well stat-wise, with good primary stats for his age group, solid distribution and a good growth curve. Pair him with Lee Desmond for a ready-to-go back unit and watch them go!

Fee: £40,000 – £70,000
Will sign for: Anyone up to top half of League One
AI pursuers: None,but comfortable staying at Bohs

Colm Horgan

Screenshot_20170601-004543.thumb.png.c4840f0127598c3caad1ff24e68d0df9.png

-    He might be known as Daryl’s younger brother, but Colm Horgan is also a good player in his own right. The Galway United rightback may be closer to 22 than 21 in-game but his solid tackling and teamwork stats make him an effective starting point for switching defense to attack, and he develops into a reasonable right-back for the EFL.

Fee: from £60,000
Will sign for: Anyone up to League One
AI pursuers: Scunthorpe(prepare to possibly have a bidding war)

Brandon Miele

Screenshot_20170601-004553.thumb.png.2c3fb3548b777b15e0bfb05edf5d2a7a.png

-    Shamrock Rovers certainly have a gem on their hands with Brandon Miele; the Republic U-21 international can control the center of the park with good passing and creative skills or serve as a mobile roving AM with his good movement and dribbling skills. It’s getting him to sign that might cause you nightmares as he wants to go to a big club but if you can get him in you’ll be set in the midfield for a decade.

Fee: starts at £300,000
Will sign for: no lower than the Championship

Paul Smyth

Screenshot_20170601-004625.thumb.png.741269b8dc2ff69c27c52890a54efa7a.png

-    The Linfield youngster has excellent primary stats for a poacher, and an excellent growth curve that can see him bang in the goals for you if you harness him properly. Available at a pittance, he can bring in a big profit for you at worst.

Fee: £45,000
Will sign for: Anyone up to Conference Top 6

Levi Ives

Screenshot_20170601-004814.thumb.png.432f9ebe510d2e4a5f950eb98c237b96.png

-    Left back is usually one of the hardest positions to fill due to the relative dearth of quality prospects, but Levi Ives is definitely a player you should look at. The Cliftonville man has good stat distribution in the key attributes, and at 18 has room to grow. With 1 green stat and 2 stats very near green, his growth curve is also promising  Will you buy in?

Fee: from £35,000 depending on buying club’s rep
Will sign for: Anyone up to middle of League One
AI pursuers: None, but comfortable at Cliftonville

Get out there and have fun!

Excellent guide mate, very well done! Desmond, Miele, Smyth and Ives are all players I've heard of and they often develop very well. Nice work!

26 minutes ago, mcandrew003 said:

Excellent guide mate, very well done! Desmond, Miele, Smyth and Ives are all players I've heard of and they often develop very well. Nice work!

I signed 42% of the list on Pompey xDD

added 0 minutes later
23 minutes ago, Real_Random said:

Nice article mate, do you have any development and future images of these players. I would be interested in seeing those images. 

Lemme go dig the incubator file up for you ;)

The Irish competition is one of my favourites, too bad that there are seldom any players to be found that are capable of playing in top divisions. Even Miele is a stretch (although he performs better than his PA would make you expect). Miele is one of my favourites since I got him for my Limerick team two years ago.

I remember signing an Irish regen on FMM16 from Dundalk. Signed him for Ajax and he had 5 star potential.

What I'd give to find another like him. As an aside, what's Akinade like this year? Haven't signed him but he was a beast in 16.

5 minutes ago, Connor1874 said:

I remember signing an Irish regen on FMM16 from Dundalk. Signed him for Ajax and he had 5 star potential.

What I'd give to find another like him. As an aside, what's Akinade like this year? Haven't signed him but he was a beast in 16.

He was very good for me. I sold him after only one season, but he made me a profit of some 500K. His value never got lower than 2 million in the first league

1 hour ago, Jens said:

He was very good for me. I sold him after only one season, but he made me a profit of some 500K. His value never got lower than 2 million in the first league

Not bad. I signed him in League two for Oxford in 16 and he banged in the goals. Sold him when I got to the Championship for £3-4 million