Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Do clubs that are bankrupt ever close?

I don't believe this is a feature of FMM, they are just poor and sell their players for cheap.

Heck, even in the main game of FM it can't happen. Yes they implement administration and stuff, but even when you try very hard to bankrupt a club, the club "cheats" money in somehow, like generating ridiculous amounts of sponsorship money or something.

I know this is an old(ish) thread and I just picked up on it now.

In reality most clubs in professional leagues never go completely bust these days anyway, they are almost always saved at the 11th hour and come out of administration with the points deduction, only time I seen it happen recently was Gretna in Scotland in 2008, went into liquidation and a Phoenix Club set up in non-League, where as Rangers went pop and were immediately accepted into the 3rd Division.

In England, in the Football League, Leeds bent the rules in 2006 and kept there place in League 1 albeit with a 15 point deduction. It is quite common lower down the non-League System with Scarborough, Chester and Halifax being notable examples.

Within the FM world, I suspect the game is not built to deal with outright liquidation nor have the necessary promotion/rules within the game to deal with such an event, which is why when a club is in trouble in the games world, the game will magic up new owners forntuee troubled club