Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Challenges FMM has 6 Degrees of Separation

In 1929 Hungarian author Frigyes Karinthy suggested that any two people in the world could be connected via a chain of 5 or fewer 'acquaintances', leading to the now popularised term '6 Degrees of Separation'.

This challenge will see you attempt to use a player's favoured club or person to create a chain of 6 FMM acquaintances.

Your aim is to score 60 goals with each player before moving on to the next player in the chain. 

Here's an example:

Player 1: Felipe Caicedo of Espanyol. His favoured person is Ever Banega of Inter so I move there and choose ...

Screenshot_2017-06-04-14-01-04_zpshstu50

Player 2: Gianluca Caprari. His favoured club is Roma so I move their and choose ...

Screenshot_2017-06-04-14-00-56_zps6pxth3

Player 3: Iago Falque. Next up, Celta Vigo!

Screenshot_2017-06-04-14-00-44_zpscfrfie

Continue until you have used 6 players to score a total of 360 goals (a nice 'round' number to complement the theme).

The rules:

Usual rules apply - No IGE, no cheating, no unlockables unless earned during play etc. Yes to coaching badges.

Only goals under your control. INT goals are allowed as long as you manage their national team too.

You must move team after each player has scored their 60 goals however you can stay at the club as long as it takes to move to the next team.

Any player from the new team is a viable candidate - the chain is created through the club the favoured player is at or by directly choosing the favoured club.

Any player position is fine although obviously strikers will complete the 60 quicker.

Screenshots as evidence are required but a career thread would be best.

Let me know if you have any questions or spot any problems.

Enjoy making friends!

47 minutes ago, AndersJ said:

Great idea!!! thanks for sharing :D

33 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Great idea :) 

32 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Weird. I like weird. Unique. I like unique.

Love it :)

Cheers guys. Thought I'd try something different to get people thinking!

Do we think 100 goals per player is sensible or cut it down to 60 or so?

Personally i would say cut i down to 50-60 but thats just me  - you have to play it while most real players are still in the game ;)

21 minutes ago, AndersJ said:

Personally i would say cut i down to 50-60 but thats just me  - you have to play it while most real players are still in the game ;)

Edited the goal amount - 60 per player so 360 in total. Cheers

Interesting concept, it looks great. Quick question if said player doesn't have a favoured player or club or the favoured person is at an unplayable club what happens?

52 minutes ago, Real_Random said:

Interesting concept, it looks great. Quick question if said player doesn't have a favoured player or club or the favoured person is at an unplayable club what happens?

I think that's where the strategy of the challenge comes in.

From my tests I've found it's worth looking ahead once you have an idea of your start guy to see what the next team can offer in terms of moving on afterwards. Generally a squad will have 4 or 5 strikers who may have a favoured club/player so there should be someone to choose from. There's also going to be player movement through transfers so from player 2 onwards you may have new players to choose from.

Also, 60 goals is achievable with an attacking midfielder too so you've got extra options there as well.

Hopefully there's enough chains to keep us going through the challenge!

6 hours ago, MasonT827 said:

Two questions

1. Are regens allowed?
  2. 60 in a season or in total?

Its 60 goals per player over as many seasons as you need. Then move on.

I'd say, for enjoyment's sake, stay away from regens as far as is possible. If you get to a point where they are unavoidable though, feel free to use them. I'm guessing this may happen towards the end of your chain.

Glad you like the challenge and looking forward to your attempt.