Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Building My Team Around "Neo"

Hello people of Vibe,

I'm a first time caller, long time listener...

My main reason for playing FMM17 is to get Ronaldo as many goals as possible with Real Madrid. I do okay, between 50-70 a season, but I can't help but feel I could do so much better. I haven't really gone in depth as much as some people do, perhaps that is my downfall. I've started a new game with a new formation (Now in my third year) and was just hoping people could offer me some advice, even if it's formation tweaks or player suggestions. Basically I've tried to make a formation to supply balls for Ronaldo to knock in, as long as he is scoring, I'm happy.

Thanks,

image1.PNG

image2.PNG

image3.PNG

Oh, I won only the Champions League first year, and League and Champions in the second, but I can't seem to win games easily, sometimes I lose or 0-0 draw with lowest league teams...

thanks for sharing :D - i would say have an APM behind No.7 and use the player that plays DLP - no need to be so guarded in defense with Real. Also why may i ask do you use Martin ? is he good enough?

Well I dislike Bale, was using Patrick Roberts for a season, noticed Odegaard got quite a few assists on loan so I was trying him out. Would you suggest a better right winger?

Advice I'm quite sure about

I don't think having a short passing mentality is a good idea, a 433 with 2 wingers leaves the lone striker rather isolated. I'd say a mixed passing style (or even long passing) would save Ronaldo the effort of dropping back to receive the ball and instead give more opportunity of the "long range crossing into Ronaldo's devastating header" type goals.

Suggestion based perhaps more on my own playing style

Personally I tend to find that DLP played in the CDM role don't play well. How does Sanches do for you?

Also I wouldn't play 2 WB, 1 CD and 1 BPD, especially paired with 2 wingers. I think winger/wing back pairings are a waste of men covering the same space. Usually a 433 will employ inside forwards, but in this case I'm guessing you don't want too much chances taken from Ronaldo, so maybe a switch to full backs would help with more solidity. Inside forwards also provide a lot of assists too though, so it might actually create more chances for Ronaldo actually. Maybe one side WB/IF and the other FB/W could be a great balance.

12 hours ago, Manjus said:

Well I dislike Bale, was using Patrick Roberts for a season, noticed Odegaard got quite a few assists on loan so I was trying him out. Would you suggest a better right winger?

Adam Ounas

33 minutes ago, Meow said:

Advice I'm quite sure about

I don't think having a short passing mentality is a good idea, a 433 with 2 wingers leaves the lone striker rather isolated. I'd say a mixed passing style (or even long passing) would save Ronaldo the effort of dropping back to receive the ball and instead give more opportunity of the "long range crossing into Ronaldo's devastating header" type goals.

Suggestion based perhaps more on my own playing style

Personally I tend to find that DLP played in the CDM role don't play well. How does Sanches do for you?

Also I wouldn't play 2 WB, 1 CD and 1 BPD, especially paired with 2 wingers. I think winger/wing back pairings are a waste of men covering the same space. Usually a 433 will employ inside forwards, but in this case I'm guessing you don't want too much chances taken from Ronaldo, so maybe a switch to full backs would help with more solidity. Inside forwards also provide a lot of assists too though, so it might actually create more chances for Ronaldo actually. Maybe one side WB/IF and the other FB/W could be a great balance.

Adam Ounas

• Mixed passing? Your reasoning seems logical, I'll give it a go, thanks.
  • I suppose the term 'not great' comes to mind when talking about Sanches in that position ( see picture). My assumption was that the wing backs just helped out with the wingers, not fulfilled the same job :/ again, I will test out some games using full backs instead. Also, yes, you would be right in assuming that I don't want my chances taken away from Ronaldo :) 
  • WB/FB & IF/WB is interesting actually, certainly sounds awesome, ever tried it?
  • Adam Ounas - Actually, I have him in my substitutes, he was one of my first buys, but he didn't seem that good at supplying assists.

image1.PNG

40 minutes ago, Manjus said:
  • Mixed passing? Your reasoning seems logical, I'll give it a go, thanks.
  • I suppose the term 'not great' comes to mind when talking about Sanches in that position ( see picture). My assumption was that the wing backs just helped out with the wingers, not fulfilled the same job :/ again, I will test out some games using full backs instead. Also, yes, you would be right in assuming that I don't want my chances taken away from Ronaldo :) 
  • WB/FB & IF/WB is interesting actually, certainly sounds awesome, ever tried it?
  • Adam Ounas - Actually, I have him in my substitutes, he was one of my first buys, but he didn't seem that good at supplying assists.

image1.PNG

I'm not particularly sure what to do with Sanches. I don't play a 433 for the very reason that the CDM roles on FMM make it impossible for me to properly replicate either some sort of screening player or a more creative regista/DLP. Perhaps someone here with more 433 experience can help?

Ever tried it? Pairing the IF/WB on the left and the W/FB on the right is PRECISELY the tactic I use for my saves!! It's a 442, but with the left winger pushed slightly ahead into the AML position. It works great, my IF scores 20+ goals a season, but also contributes 20+ assists, so I wouldn't say he steals chances from my strikers. Also great to look for a right winger who doesn't tend to cut inside, which might just be a personal preference, but IMO wingers should stay wide because I don't need overcrowding in the box. It's actually really hard to find a decent right winger who doesn't cut in this edition for whatever reason, so I retrain a good right wing back to play further up (which has worked so far).

You don't seem to hesitant to spend big, so I'm not sure what's holding you back from players like Guedes, Barbosa and Gabriel Jesus. Ounas is pretty good though, just wrong footed and tends to cut in (so I sold him)

3 minutes ago, Meow said:

I'm not particularly sure what to do with Sanches. I don't play a 433 for the very reason that the CDM roles on FMM make it impossible for me to properly replicate either some sort of screening player or a more creative regista/DLP. Perhaps someone here with more 433 experience can help?

Ever tried it? Pairing the IF/WB on the left and the W/FB on the right is PRECISELY the tactic I use for my saves!! It's a 442, but with the left winger pushed slightly ahead into the AML position. It works great, my IF scores 20+ goals a season, but also contributes 20+ assists, so I wouldn't say he steals chances from my strikers. Also great to look for a right winger who doesn't tend to cut inside, which might just be a personal preference, but IMO wingers should stay wide because I don't need overcrowding in the box. It's actually really hard to find a decent right winger who doesn't cut in this edition for whatever reason, so I retrain a good right wing back to play further up (which has worked so far).

You don't seem to hesitant to spend big, so I'm not sure what's holding you back from players like Guedes, Barbosa and Gabriel Jesus. Ounas is pretty good though, just wrong footed and tends to cut in (so I sold him)

• Don't get me wrong, I'm not set on 4-3-3, that just seemed like the best way to help Ronaldo score. I honestly don't have much knowledge when it comes to building formations and such, so I just went with a standard formation and tried to change it to suit my purposes. The description for a DLP sounded good...
  • How would you find a winger who doesn't cut inside? Is it something noted on their role traits or something?
  • Money isn't an issue, I just buy players I know and who sound pretty cool.

I suppose browsing the 1k Challenge forums might provide me with some tips on supplying a single striker?

5 minutes ago, Manjus said:
  • Don't get me wrong, I'm not set on 4-3-3, that just seemed like the best way to help Ronaldo score. I honestly don't have much knowledge when it comes to building formations and such, so I just went with a standard formation and tried to change it to suit my purposes. The description for a DLP sounded good...
  • How would you find a winger who doesn't cut inside? Is it something noted on their role traits or something?
  • Money isn't an issue, I just buy players I know and who sound pretty cool.

I suppose browsing the 1k Challenge forums might provide me with some tips on supplying a single striker?

Yeah, variations of the 433 does seem like the go-to formation for a goal challenge. I'm sure looking around 1kc threads will get you a good few formations. I've done a goal challenge before with a strange formation with FL and FR, but it wasn't too consistent.

Yes, role traits.

Then go raid for world class right midfielders. Also, neglected to mention Oliver Burke from RBL.