Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help retraining time

How long does retraining take?  I am experimenting with a decent young midfielder (who can only play a single position - AMC) to retrain him so he can play a little deeper in the midfield as well.  It's been 3 months without as much as an update.  I am starting to doubt if I ever clicked the final accept button.

I usually get monthly updates. Just did one now and got an update 3 weeks in..next one was little over a month.

But yeah as mentioned above depends on their aptitude. I retrained Dembele (Dortmund) as a striker from yellow competent to green accomplished (poor aptitude) took me over 6 months. 

Sometimes it takes forever for "very poor" aptitude, maybe even 2-2.5 seasons, but honestly I'll stick to it and even play him there before he is fully retrained if they have the right stats.

But primarily I retrain players to positions I can envision them playing (according to their stats), then just retrain whatever else that he has aptitude for. I've seen centre mids who would play better as an inside forward out wide, full backs as wingers, strikers as centre mids. Strange thing for me is the number of centre mids coming in this edition of FMM with great crossing, dribbling and pace, so they'll usually get chucked out right as a winger.

Hi, i've had players retrain a position in 2-3 weeks some a lot longer 5-6 months,

i once forgot about a player retraining and ended up doing 36 months without

retraining LOL.

a little tip, if you get a player who is finding retraining hard cancel the training

then press confirm then go back into retrain pos and try again has worked for me

a few times.

Cheers Sim

Ok well. His aptitude was poor for retraining and the game does say he's been at it for 3 months so I'll just let it go and see what happens.

I don't usually retrain but wanted to try given the recent patches making it possible to do so. Not a great outcome so far - not like I'm asking him to switch positions. Just want him to be more versatile in mid. 

Thanks for the feedback everyone. 

4 hours ago, veerus said:

Not a great outcome so far - not like I'm asking him to switch positions. Just want him to be more versatile in mid.

A bit disappointing yes. Checked different players all over Europe, about 50 of them, all aged between 16-18yo and got nothing but aptitude none to (very) poor. Maybe a bit tough on the retraining bit. What's the rate to find a retrainable youngster, apparently not 1in50 unless I was unlucky in my picks. 1in100? Seems a bit too much.

1 hour ago, BatiGoal said:

A bit disappointing yes. Checked different players all over Europe, about 50 of them, all aged between 16-18yo and got nothing but aptitude none to (very) poor. Maybe a bit tough on the retraining bit. What's the rate to find a retrainable youngster, apparently not 1in50 unless I was unlucky in my picks. 1in100? Seems a bit too much.

The guy in my scenario is 21. That's a good question though - is retraining likelyhood higher with age or lower? I would think it's easier to retrain a youngster but sounds like that hasn't been your experience. 

This is my guy:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.b256502c2b6707a668b79e4f0b2c7d5e.pngimage.thumb.png.ae7c42670e49db0fbbc82fa40f1cdeb7.pngimage.thumb.png.3900b271d9fc0f5426d9443182349337.png

Only really wanted to try because his personality is adaptable. The coach he's "learning a lot from" is my youth coach so maybe I just need to be patient here. 

On Tuesday, June 06, 2017 at 11:10, BatiGoal said:

I usually get monthly updates. Just did one now and got an update 3 weeks in..next one was little over a month.

But yeah as mentioned above depends on their aptitude. I retrained Dembele (Dortmund) as a striker from yellow competent to green accomplished (poor aptitude) took me over 6 months. 

Hey mate  did you play dembele as striker or you played him normally to his position that is RW.

5 hours ago, Nick11 said:

Hey mate  did you play dembele as striker or you played him normally to his position that is RW.

As a striker.