Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Vibe Article Feedback - What Do YOU Want?

Vibe Article/Guide Feedback - What Do YOU Want?

Afternoon all and welcome to this chat/feedback thread. After some discussion with a few writers and Stam himself, we decided this would be a good idea and oppertunity for the FMM Community to voice their opinions on the kind of content you want to be produced on the website. 

New People, New Ideas

The current batch of writers, which can be seen on the Staff List, have loads of new, exciting ideas which we have discussed and worked on over the short time we have been a unit. These include tactical guides, reviews, experiments, scouting guides and much much more. We have a great group who are working as I write to ensure their content is suited to their vision, and what you guys may find interesting. Anything you suggest, it is likely to be discussed and worked on urgently. 

What Do We Want?

All we, the Vibe Community trial writer team are asking for is your opinion on the content being produced on the website, and what YOU want to see. This can be league reviews, club guides, tactical guides, player lists, experiments, anything you can imagine. Please leave a comment on what you want and why you think it will be a worthy idea for our writer team to work on. All suggestions will be considered when we discuss our latest ideas. 

Please remember to leave some feedback for us to consider, and thanks for reading! 

I have a list somewhere on ideas, but I guess I put it away since my departure :)

Articles / Guides / Experiments

Countries

• (ITN) countries to manage
  • Countries' best performers Past Vs Present
  • Influx of players to a "new" country

Leagues

• Competitiveness between leagues
  • Degree of competitiveness within each division
  • Most effective / suited playing styles for each league/division

Teams

• Introduce interesting teams
  • Evolution of (team): Past-Present-Future
  • History/Role of feeder clubs

Players

• Scouting
  • Effectiveness of types of player development
  • Player role-combo / Attribute experiments

Tactics

• Unorthodox formations
  • Type of players suited for a specific type of play
  • A club's culture/DNA: (club)

Other

• Anything that inspires you. These ideas come out of nowhere and are either too specific or don't really fit in the above categories. This well has no bottom.

There's too much to mention from the top of my head. This is not even half what I'd written down but this is sort of the type of content that I think this community would like to see. And what I'd like to see as well. Do whatever you want with it :)

More well-run experiments testing and figuring out the game's systems (BG's list has some neat ideas to explore).  Or measuring the effectiveness of certain player roles/formations (this may be more difficult due to lack of in-match data presented by the game).  

Less fluff like simulating a single season for someone/some team (that's what career threads are for).

10 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

I have a list somewhere on ideas, but I guess I put it away since my departure :)

Articles / Guides / Experiments

Countries

• (ITN) countries to manage
  • Countries' best performers Past Vs Present
  • Influx of players to a "new" country

Leagues

• Competitiveness between leagues
  • Degree of competitiveness within each division
  • Most effective / suited playing styles for each league/division

Teams

• Introduce interesting teams
  • Evolution of (team): Past-Present-Future
  • History/Role of feeder clubs

Players

• Scouting
  • Effectiveness of types of player development
  • Player role-combo / Attribute experiments

Tactics

• Unorthodox formations
  • Type of players suited for a specific type of play
  • A club's culture/DNA: (club)

Other

• Anything that inspires you. These ideas come out of nowhere and are either too specific or don't really fit in the above categories. This well has no bottom.

There's too much to mention from the top of my head. This is not even half what I'd written down but this is sort of the type of content that I think this community would like to see. And what I'd like to see as well. Do whatever you want with it :)

Thank you very much for that great input!

2 hours ago, AndersJ said:

Thank you very much for that great input!

Welcome, mate.

Like @veerus and @scratch99 experiments and tests are probably the most enjoyable reads. They actually teach us something about the game which we can then apply ourselves in our careers for better results thus making us better managers.

However, they are also the most time-consuming and -having been a writer myself- you can't do too many of these since it leaves you no time to play the game yourself. And of course as volunteer writers, and getting zero benefits in return other than the imaginary shoulder pats for helping the community, I can understand it's a little lighter on the shoulders to bring a variety of content to Vibe. Especially the type of content one enjoys writing about but agree it's equally important to know what the readers want. All about finding that right balance for longterm success.