Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Rocket attempts the PL Second Chances Challenge

Introduction

Well then this will definitely be interesting giving the fact I'm not the most experienced player of this game

Hello There, I'm Rocket and you must be thinking right now who the hell is this person, so before we get into this challenge I'm going to tell you a little bit about me.

• My real name is Ryan and I'm 14 years old.
  • I've been a Celtic fan all my life and will continue to be.
  • I'm obsessed with football manager despite the fact that I am absolute hopeless at the game.

How I will post updates

Well unlike other careers on the website I will be doing 3 updates per season and this is so that I am always keeping you guys up to date with what is actually happening in my save as seeing and not getting updated after every season. (If you have posted a career in this type of format before msg me and tell me then I'll change the title)

I will also post my tactics and on some of the updates as yet again I want to show you guys everything I am doing in this save.

My current aim is to get 1/2 seasons done per week which is a lot of updates that will be coming your way so make sure to keep posted.

What is the PL Second Chances Challenge and why are you doing this challenge?

Spoiler

Well I decided to do this challenge as I have read many other careers based on this challenge and I decided I would give it a try knowing that I would probably fail miserably.  

Team List

Spoiler

Aston villa, Barnsley, Birmingham city, Blackburn rovers, Blackpool, Bolton wanderers, Bradford city, Cardiff city, Charlton Athletic, Coventry city, Derby County, Fulham, Ipswich Town, Leeds United, Newcastle United, Norwich City, Nottingham Forest, Oldham Athletic, Portsmouth, QPR, Reading, Sheffield United, Sheffield Wednesday, Swindon Town, Wigan Athletic, Wimbledon/MK Dons, Wolves

Time To Start!

Okay, now all of that is out of the way it is time to reveal what team I will be starting with.

And the team is...........

Portsmouth!!!

I have decided to use Portsmouth as they are probably one of the hardest teams or possibly the hardest team to get back to the premier league. What I am planning to do is to get them to the premier league in about 3-5 seasons and If I am extremely lucky there is a chance that I may be able to get 15 teams back to the premier league. After I am finished with Portsmouth I will more than likely drop back into the league 1/2 and get whatever team I have chosen up to the premier league and keep on doing this cycle until I have completed the challenge.

Anyway that is me finished with this introduction and I will be aiming to get the first update out either late tonight or tomorrow around lunch time (BST)

Good luck dude, this is a very tough challenge from what I've seen and to use it as your first Vibe Career is either very daring or very insane 

12 hours ago, Mikee1984 said:

Good luck with this mate look forward to seeing your first update.

Thanks mate, first update should hopefully be out in an hour or two just have to write it. 

4 hours ago, Taff said:

Good luck dude, this is a very tough challenge from what I've seen and to use it as your first Vibe Career is either very daring or very insane 

Insane is my middle name ;)

3 hours ago, mcandrew003 said:

Best of luck mate, a very hard challenge from personal experience but I'm sure you will smash it!

Thanks mate. Hopefully I'll be able to beat it, just have to find a solid tactic then things should workout. I think :unamused:

Update 1: Season 1 Pre-Season

I've officially taken over then Portsmouth job now and I have just kind of realised how hard of a challenge this will actually be.

If I am able to get Portsmouth to the Prem then I am 100% sure I will be able to complete this challenge but being pretty inexperienced I have never actually taken a team from lower league to the Prem before.

Oh God...

Signings

I have made 3 key signings for the team and I am sure they will be able to create a massive impact on our chances of gaining promotion.

IMG_3477.thumb.PNG.3d8d06cf928914b7f45223db6c8404b9.PNG

Igor Djoman

The Ball Winning Midfielder has solid defensive stats and good stats going forward and should definitely have an impact in the midfield

Vasil Bozhikov

The centIMG_3479.thumb.PNG.673593fd7a7121b0126714e7509d586f.PNGre-back will be a rock in our defense with 14 strength, 13 tackling and 12 pace and will also be banging in headers from corners with 15 aerial.

IMG_3483.thumb.PNG.af0d87fa4c58fe8a78d8ac3dd1ffa6b9.PNG

George Saunders

The central midfielder looks solid with good stats in every aspect of the game going forward and defensively. He will more than likely get played as a box to box midfielder or central midfielder.

Tactic

With this being my first career mistakes were bound to happen and well here is the first of many. :(

I forgot to take a picture of the first tactic I used and I can't remember the player roles but fortunately the tactic wasn't great as you can see by our pre-season friendlies.

IMG_3480.thumb.PNG.68704958ee4c23f668930af342c5277f.PNG

Thankfully I have created a new tactic what is fairly similar but is producing great results and instead of showing it to you guys right now I am just going to keep it private until I know it is solid then after I have got some success with the tactic I will happily reveal it.

Here is one of my games with this tactic: IMG_3481.thumb.PNG.0a465ae525c54e8be4d2bc0cc014f0b4.PNG

Key Players

One of the players that I have that I feel will be key to our success will be the man up top Eoin Doyle.

IMG_3475.thumb.PNG.818cde6bfe0ade88ed8941693f9b4d22.PNG

I can tell you already that with 6 games played Doyle has been involved with 7 goals what is absolutely brilliant.

I hope you enjoyed the first update and stay tuned to find out how we are getting on in the scary place of league two.

Welcome @Rocket definitely a toughie you got on your hands but I believe in you.

Hope you get your tactics sorted and best of luck with got those hopeless teams up :)

5 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Welcome @Rocket definitely a toughie you got on your hands but I believe in you.

Hope you get your tactics sorted and best of luck with got those hopeless teams up :)

Thanks Bati, things are starting to look good tactic wise, just have to get lucky with other teams getting promotion now :D

6 hours ago, mcandrew003 said:

Some very solid signings there mate, aswell as a decent result against Coventry. Looking forward to seeing how you do! 

Thanks Andrew, next update should be out soon. 

Update 2: Season 1 January Transfer Window

First off I completely forgot to show you my team at the start of the season so I guess I'll show you it now. :unamused:

IMG_3509.thumb.PNG.a5d187432165dd82e0b03c095c420d33.PNG

All other players under Ben Close and Michael Doyle haven't really played but I have made two more loan signings who I will talk more about in the near future.

Things have been going great at Fratton Park seeing us sit in 1st place with only 18 games left to play, but not far behind us Doncaster who are only 4 points behind us.

IMG_3493.thumb.PNG.c262183809eda885ad9ab282c79faa35.PNG

Key Players

The reason we are sitting top of the table at the end of January is because of one man and his name is Eoin Doyle.

IMG_3496.thumb.PNG.7347e01dbdb2733e50401d2ab05226d5.PNG

As you can see he has bagged 34 goals in 34 games what is absolutely brilliant and has also scored 27 goals in 26 league games. You can also see that he isn't all about goals as he has 12 assists what is outstanding. It's going to be a sad day when we have to say goodbye to this man. :'(

At the start of the save I thought another player would be excellent as well but I decided not to include him in the Key Player section as I didn't want to embarrass myself if he flopped but om my god he certainly never flopped.

IMG_3495.thumb.PNG.5ee6abcdcb0b3e80cbfd04d75cdeed2b.PNG

Mr. Chaplin has been terrific playing as the Attacking Midfielder in my tactic and is also my team captain despite only being 18 years old.

Together these boys are dominating both the most goals leaderboard and the highest average rating leaderboard.

IMG_3494.thumb.PNG.e7ade7626b5741e26033d4a61724cd2d.PNGIMG_3498.thumb.PNG.a769aced616d9940f593c64a9de25d17.PNG

Another player who has been brilliant is George Saunders and is definitely a must buy for any League 2 side as he can be picked up for less than 100k. He will more than likely be able to play in League 1 next season for us IF we go up.

IMG_3497.thumb.PNG.9a7770903f4fe7b690e4419f16f4d243.PNG

Fixtures

I have decided to put all of my fixtures in a spoiler as they make the layout of this update look ugly, so feel free to look at them.

Spoiler

If you read through the fixtures you would see that I have been put out of every cup but to be honest we were the better team in most of the games.

Spoiler

IMG_3503.thumb.PNG.9775bce0f24a781587e816ba7e50b47d.PNGIMG_3502.thumb.PNG.b2b207b86cc96a3bfb9544576f0e282a.PNGIMG_3501.thumb.PNG.538c10ea09d85537ceda9d64ace75635.PNG

Transfers

Alright I feel like this transfer window I actually messed up losing my backup center back/left back and the only signings I made were two loans.

IMG_3490.thumb.PNG.621f84936da64e6cd70cefa92dd5665f.PNGRory Watson

An average keeper that will be a rotation player until I get a solid keeper in next season.

IMG_3491.thumb.PNG.346a7b9ea8474b866e32922e7c3de319.PNG

Max Boonstoppel

A fairly poor center back but it's ok he is only the backups backup so he won't play many games.

Anyway guys that's all for this update will try to get the next update out fairly soon. Also if you guys don't mind leaving feedback on how I could improve these updates it would be greatly appreciated. 

Hi @Rocket a well structured update, full of information which is enjoyable to read, you are doing excellent in the first stages of your Challenge, remember to read other peoples challenges both previous and ongoing to get tips or even highlighted players that could help you on your road to success, there is no improvement required, everything is detailed really well, look forward to your next update, good luck mate

Welcome to Vibe @Rocket . Glad to see another Second Chances career! You've made an excellent start and those are some good signings. It's a long hard road, so keep going, don't give up!?

So you're probably wondering why there have been no updates in the past month and well this is because:

1. I accidentally deleted the save and I didn't feel like starting over right away because I was so annoyed.
  2. I didn't have the motivation to do this challenge.
  3. I have been going out a lot over the summer and have not really had time for the game.

Sadly I won't be continuing this as I still don't feel motivated to continue it and also I won't be able to update it for another the next 2 weeks as I'm on holiday.

I'm sorry to all the people who supported the start of my challenge and I hope you understand why I'm not continuing it.

P.S

Rocket