Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Vibe What happend to Kaka?

JustM1kePlays

I thought i was the only one to stick to the Kaka name lol. I don't think anything official was ever picked but Kaka was my suggestion. 

Anyway it appears he's flown the nest which is a good decision IMO. I get why it happened but getting more on brand is a positive step IMO. 

I thought this was going to be an article on the demise of the Brazilian legend that is Kaka haha

Stam said he wanted to sort out branding etc so I assume its part of that

4 hours ago, samhardy said:

The main question is why was it there in the first place?

There was many reasons I will underline now for you.

1. We wanted something flexible in terms of colour schemes and big to scale up and down.
  2. We consulted people and they said Vibe was the name they referred to as the site, due to this we wanted something to reflect that - a parrot was what we considered represented "Vibe" the best and be appealing and fit our criteria (colourful, diverse and fun).
  3. A mascot is common place on social sites and further afield - such as YouTube's play button, Twitter's bird and KFC/Nike, we wanted something that would set us apart from the standard logos we see on FM sites and be universally recognised for new users who may not come directly to the site every day. It was part of a big branding scheme I put into place to make social, emails and the site consistent.
  4. It was to future-proof us. We didn't know what the future held, we had FMM recently re-branded from FMH and we wanted to not limit ourselves to the game in the future. We wanted something that could work for all scenarios whether this is FMM or beyond. We weren't sure whether the future took the site and wanted to make sure that if the site did kick on that we didn't have to rebrand in the future. It was in a larger scheme of securing the site's consistency going forwards.

Indeed, this is the main part of the branding changes that are going to be happening over the next couple of weeks as Stam puts his plans into action (that makes him sound evil. Trust me - he's not! :D).

The new logo is intended to be seen as a half-throwback to the previous logo (anyone remember the tie in the hexagon?) and half-forward thinking. You may notice the various "V" shapes within the logo - this is deliberate as part of the "Vibe" branding, that will not be going anywhere anytime soon.

We can also make this flexible in colour schemes, just the same as the previous parrot logo. In fact, we are already using multiple variants - the logo in the tab bar/bookmarks bar uses a flat colour palette, compared to the header bar which uses rich gradients to make it stand up off of the page a little. We are also looking into ways to use the logo to create an automatic permanent watermark on contributed images as a way to thwart content thieves before they even get started.

To some extent even the shape is variable here; we have a circle version of the logo ready to go for when that shape is demanded (think Android application icons on Pixel devices) or where it would be better suited (heh, get it?) than sharp edges. The idea is that the logo can retain the same aesthetic no matter what design it is being used in. The parrot logo required slight rotational changes depending on the context, which made anything automated a bit of a problem.

One more thing which made us decide on a new logo was the scaling issues. The parrot, whilst absolutely fantastic when larger, was not very clear at small sizes and slightly turned into a mess of colour. We're still experimenting with the new logo at smaller sizes (we're thinking to make the "shirt" area larger to help emphasize the tie, for example) and you might see a few changes here.

The logo still has no relation directly to the FMH or FMM series, and is still just as flexible no matter what SI decide to do in the future. We're still looking towards the future, even without having a parrot as the logo, and that will not be changing.

Of course, this does mean we are without a mascot. I don't really have anything to say about that right now. But we're not entirely ruling out any future use of Kaka if that would be required. ;)

If anyone has any further feedback/questions, then please continue. We did this on the quiet to try to avoid drawing attention to things, but it's clear that maybe a few people had a soft spot for Kaka after all. (y) 

Dec had plans to expand the community and bring more games under the Vibe umbrella, hence the choice for a logo that had no relation to FM. Nothing wrong with that.

Personally I wish to keep Vibe solely dedicated to the FMM franchise, so I felt we needed a different logo with a direct connection to the game. The Vibe name will remain intact, the color scheme is fine as well.

As Putzy said, if we see an opportunity to make use of the parrot (possibly as a mascot feature) we'll take it.

7 hours ago, samhardy said:

Really? :O

Eogtuc is refering to the topic not the link. Unless you're deliberately adding to the confusion. I sincerely never know your true intentions when you drop a comment :laugh:

4 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Eogtuc is refering to the topic not the link. Unless you're deliberately adding to the confusion. I sincerely never know your true intentions when you drop a comment :laugh:

Haha don't worry mate, I knew what he meant ;)