Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help How to deal with squad morale?

In my 2nd season, with most clubs, I regularly have problems with a 'negative atmosphere' in my team. This is how I try to deal with it:

- Check if players have problematic relationships with eachother in the 'Personal' screen.

- Give players with expiring contracts a new contract. 

- See if there are training issues but usually my players don't complain about the training intensity? 

- Try go give as many minutes to everyone as possible but this doesn't always solve the problem.

What more can I do?

Seeing the bullet points you gave, yeah essentially that. Just check the personal page of players every so often, then remedy the problem. Who is specifically having a negative morale? And why is he upset?

There's really no point answering a general "How to deal with low squad morale?" question, other than just telling you to check the cause of the players being upset and try to appease them. I usually get negative atmosphere, but usually it's because I sell a star player or I sign a player in a certain position. I just leave them be because a few matches won later, they'll be happy again.

16 hours ago, Meow said:

Seeing the bullet points you gave, yeah essentially that. Just check the personal page of players every so often, then remedy the problem. Who is specifically having a negative morale? And why is he upset?

There's really no point answering a general "How to deal with low squad morale?" question, other than just telling you to check the cause of the players being upset and try to appease them. I usually get negative atmosphere, but usually it's because I sell a star player or I sign a player in a certain position. I just leave them be because a few matches won later, they'll be happy again.

Well the thing is, sometimes a players morale is red as in 'poor' but there is no reason given...

8 minutes ago, KennyMiller27 said:

Player Interaction mate - remember to praise them whenever they have good games and constructively criticize if they have poor ones

Ah haven't thought of that yet. Thanks.