Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2011 William's One Season Wonder's

William

PSP ONLY

Hey all

I recently noticed a-lot of tactics are posted up here without enough feedback on how they do all season. That is why I am proposing to try out any tactic given to me for one season and post the final results. I will play throughout the whole season as the assistant seems to have lets just say, a slight lack of managerial experience.

I will do all tactics with Barcelona, as they are a decent team and unlikely to get sacked mid-season meaning I can carry out the full season :)

I hope you enjoy and please, post your tactics you would like me to try out!

Remember this will not be instant replies as playing out a season is not a fast job. But hopefully within a couple of weeks maximum I should be able to post how I did.

Superblade, he is testing out tactics which have already been made so you could create a 361 if you wanted for him to try out :)

I have decided to scrap the points system as it would be too complicated getting number of points and such in.

I will just post all details from each tactic, Patrick I am close to completing your season :)

Patricks 4-1-2-1-2

Final Standings

Liga BBVA - 1st (97 points)

European Champions Cup - Winner

Spanish Cup - Fourth Round

Spanish Super Cup - Winner

Overall

Played 55

Won 41 (74.5%)

Drew 8 (14.5%)

Lost 6 (10.9%)

Goals Scored - 107 (1.95 p/m)

Goals Conceded - 29 (0.52 p/m)

Verdict

A solid tactic, pretty much perfect for Barcelona. The AMC role is perfect for Messi, whilst the two attacking MC's can be filled in by Xavi and Iniesta whilst Mascherano plays the DMC. Did not trounce teams, but a very even tactic that gets the results, dossed through the career and only disappointed was losing to Espanyol in the Spanish Cup on penalties.

Thanks William ^_^

My goals per game rate is 3.09 with MK Dons, so it CAN trounce teams!! (11-0 best so far).

Well done on the great season :)

Hammy's 4-1-2-3

Final Standings

Liga BBVA - 1st (90 points)

European Champions Cup - Semi Final

Spanish Cup - Final (Runner-Up)

Overall

Played 61

Won 42 (68.9%)

Drew 12 (19.7%)

Lost 7 (11.5%)

Goals Scored - 129 (2.11 p/m)

Goals Conceded - 50 (0.82 p/m)

Verdict

This tactic really should not be used if you suffer from heart problems as I discussed with Hammy. Every game is an adventure in itself. You score shed loads but at the same time you concede a lot. Overall a decent tactic but for some reason or another crumbled at crucial points, losing to United 4-1 in the semi final second leg with a 3-1 loss would have let Barcelona go through and losing to Atletico Madrid in the Spanish Cup Final. However it is a decent tactic and we beat Madrid to the title on the final day. Obviously you have to take into account this is an FMH10 tactic and is yet to be modified for FMH11, a very very good tactic, but not in the world class region just yet.

Hah, if you think 50conceded was bad on fmh2010 I was top of the league but winning everything 3-2 as Newport Co.

Good thing I didn't care about that save or I may have hair loss o.O

Ryan's 4-4-2

Final Standings

Liga BBVA - 1st (89 points)

European Champions Cup - Semi Final

Spanish Cup - Quarter Final

Overall

Played 58

Won 40 (69.0%)

Drew 9 (15.5%)

Lost 9 (15.5%)

Goals Scored - 123 (2.12 p/m)

Goals Conceded - 40 (0.69 p/m)

Verdict

This tactic suffers from one problem, consistency. You go on decent runs but will lose a few every now and then, no matter what the opposition. This is a problem as the game could be a dull game against relegation candidates, or a Knockout Round in the Champions League. Despite the slip ups, this tactic did impress me. Ignoring the odd game, it was solid and only 40 goals were conceded in a season is a very respectable amount from 58 games and enough goals are scored to ensure most of the time 3 points. I also found this tactic got the best out of some of my players such as Ibrahimovich getting 30 goals and Villa getting 25 goals and 16 assists. Messi on the left wing was a beat with 14 goals and 12 assists, despite quite a few injuries. I am giving this a 4 star, consistency for the odd game needs to be sorted as it let me down in Spanish Cup and Champions League, if that gets fixed its a 5 star.

Ollie you're up next ;)

Nice idea, keep it up! It would be nice to make leaderboard in first post.

I also tried different tactics from this forum (but iOS), but only for about half of the season. So I do not have complete statistics. Must try a whole season when I find time for this.

Trainings are default?

Nice idea, keep it up! It would be nice to make leaderboard in first post.

I also tried different tactics from this forum (but iOS), but only for about half of the season. So I do not have complete statistics. Must try a whole season when I find time for this.

Trainings are default?

Yeah default training, Ibrahimovich is recalled at the start for every season by the way ;)

Once I have completed 5 I will start a leaderboard

Thanks for doing mine William it seems to have done good and yeah it can be inconsistent and times and make you lose after a long unbeaten streak against a terrible team.

Ollie's 442 / 41212 / 433

Final Standings

Liga BBVA - 3rd (74 points)

European Champions Cup - Winner

Spanish Cup - Semi Final

Spanish Super Cup - Runner Up

Overall

Played 61

Won 36 (59.0%)

Drew 15 (24.6%)

Lost 10 (16.4%)

Goals Scored - 107 (1.75 p/m)

Goals Conceded - 43 (0.70 p/m)

Verdict

Now this tactic did not go as to plan. Winning the Champions League is an achievement in itself, casually beating top teams. This also occurred in the league, we could beat Madrid and Atletico Madrid, but the poor teams like Sociedad and Levante led to losses and draws. It just didn't suit Barcelona at all, Barcelona are all about keeping the ball and working patiently for the goals yet this seemed to be attacking from the off. The main problem was the number of goals scored per game, which for a top team should be around 2 or more per game, and an inability to kill a game. Several times I would be 1-0 or 2-1 up and concede a sloppy goal due to the attacking nature of the tactic. 3rd place is satisfactory, but you would expect better and the failure to win the Super Cup was a blow also. A decent tactic, which maybe just didn't suit Barca but can work for other clubs I am sure.

Okay, you three who have posted, I will do you next, but I am currently working on the Formation of PL, so yours will be done in a month at the latest