Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Series Assistant managers expansion - possible new feature

Dec

gallery_1_1_8753.png

A common complaint in FMH is the assistant advice and reliability. Now many complain but none come up with a viable option to sort this out, so after a short (well short compared to the hours we normally spend) talk with Marc he has agreed to let me sell my idea to him via this article.

The plan:

Your team starts off with the current “default” assistant manager which is a blank space, now like transfers you can then bid for one by bidding for a manager from another club for up to a set amount; for this I will say the amount is £20m and then this will come out of your transfer budget similar to players at the moment. Like normal this will then go to a wage screen and their wage will be accounted for in your wage budget. Similarly to the players you can also approach free agents who will be in a new “managers” tree in which jobs, hall of fame and a manager search will be in.

Unlike players though you cannot shortlist managers and also you can convince your retiring player to become your new assistant and sign a contract a month before he retires providing you have no assistant active. Everything else will work like players and normal.

What effect will this have on the game?:

Apart from making it more in depth it will not be necessary to do it so keeping the same pace and due to not having real assistants it will not be required to expand the database sacrificing players or other features. With this comes many positive points too, your assistant will have stats like players so choosing the right one is key to help you play the game but not necessary. Also it opens up more feedback on potential signings which could be an in depth guide with ratings unlike scouts or a simple paragraph when you bid or just before you confirm a player saying how good/bad he is compared to your team and sometimes if fans will view him as a great signing. Further reports can also be requested from your assistant page on your team screen including player reports which give feedback on how he is playing, his training and what position in your formation he will work best at etc… and also recommended signings for a position and the formation he thinks he is best in which gives you more depth and opinions on your squad.

Also not only this it has an effect on managers allowing a history screen to be included like players have in the game and the ability to have more interaction with other teams as they can bid for your assistants to become their managers, allowing you to wheel and deal more to make a profit on these types of things.

gallery_1_1_30740.png

A mock up of a bid for a manager

Pros:

Won't take a lot of memory due to a database of assistants won't be needed

More in depth and more realistic

Better feedback/more interaction from assistants

Can wheel and deal more

Options for managers not at clubs

Not necessary so people can avoid it

Not heavy so remains pick up and play

Cons:

Will take up memory

May slow the game down too much for people

Will take up budgets and may not be needed

May only be possible for top teams

Game could need a bit of restructuring menu wise

May lead to others wanting further staff team

What do you think? Post below↓

Really like the idea :) My only problem is it is near impossible to be able to judge the value of a manager. Do you value him on how good his stats are (Mourinho would be very expensive) or on how important they are to the club (David Moyes would be quite pricy).

Also you would need to get the level of realism right, free agents are possible, but how many managers would leave their current club to become an assistant manager?

Top idea and top article, may make a possible feature article myself at some point, inspirational Dec :')

Thanks Richard. Managers do currently have stats though.

William -

Every manager has their value and it would be on stats and value like players (John Terry could be worth £20m but as he is key to Chelsea is worth £30m etc..).

As regards to your other point it does happen as Birmingham went for Kilmarnock's manager as their assistant and the club rejected the bid and also Di Matteo went from West Brom manager to Chelsea assistant all be it as he was a free, however it happens. The current Portuguese manager was Man Utd assistant but was a manager before.

It would allow more players to come through as managers in the future and it can work as I am sure a League 1 manager would snatch the chance of a huge pay rise to be assistant at Chelsea. It can be done realisticly but it will be mainly for big clubs and those who can get free agent managers or their retiring players, however like in football the big clubs get more perks like good assistants and all clubs have the default one until they appoint a new one so it is kind of a reward.

Thanks Richard. Managers do currently have stats though.

William -

Every manager has their value and it would be on stats and value like players (John Terry could be worth £20m but as he is key to Chelsea is worth £30m etc..).

As regards to your other point it does happen as Birmingham went for Kilmarnock's manager as their assistant and the club rejected the bid and also Di Matteo went from West Brom manager to Chelsea assistant all be it as he was a free, however it happens. The current Portuguese manager was Man Utd assistant but was a manager before.

It would allow more players to come through as managers in the future and it can work as I am sure a League 1 manager would snatch the chance of a huge pay rise to be assistant at Chelsea. It can be done realisticly but it will be mainly for big clubs and those who can get free agent managers or their retiring players, however like in football the big clubs get more perks like good assistants and all clubs have the default one until they appoint a new one so it is kind of a reward.

This is a great idea :) can't wait to get fmh 12

I do doubt it will be on for 2012, the PSP version I dp anyway, I am hoping I have convinced Marc to take my idea but I am sure he has something lined up too.

I think the beauty of this Conor is that you don't need to as you can bid for current managers or frees in it.

Jens, I wish he would but he keeps ignoring it (must be a good sign ;)).

I think the beauty of this Conor is that you don't need to as you can bid for current managers or frees in it.

This feature would be more ideal for the PSPVita version which is to come in all honesty. :)