Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Vibe Missing posts etc...

Dec

Hey guys, sorry if this sounds a bit angry but the hosts' SQL server went down AGAIN last night and this time the site has been reverted to the 21st July meaning we have lost members and posts. I have asked if they can retrieve it but if they cannot I hope you have a back up of your content (I know for a fact I do not in my guide which is very annoying as I am going to have to rewrite it).

Very sorry,

Dec

Yes but we have lost a few good posts such as mine and Chelsea8's guides plus it shouldn't happen.

Luckily we are moving to a new host soon but there will be nothing we can do about this so I just recommend we make the most of it and repost.

We cannot do anything about it Shamrock, if it was my choice we would have all the posts but it isn't something I can control and I wouldn't get your hopes up for a fix.

Yeah I was trying to get onto it last night, my story has gone missing :(. It's not Dec's fault, though. It's whatever happened to the host.

Yes, and oscars rangers career has all gone he won't like that and some of mine is missing. Hopefully it can be fixed.

So true Shamrock.

There goes my chances of getting an award for my Rangers career. :lol:

Unless they remember how epic it was :cool:

We will take posts that have been lost into consideration, it is only fair :).

Thanks Dec. It was the most succesful career I have ever done on any FMH to be honest.

Yeah I was trying to get onto it last night, my story has gone missing :(. It's not Dec's fault, though. It's whatever happened to the host.

That story was amazing Richard, please start it again :)

That's bad :(

At least we missed all the South Park related content, which is good.

I had deleted most of them before the server went down anyways :lol:

So true Shamrock.

There goes my chances of getting an award for my Rangers career. :lol:

Unless they remember how epic it was :cool:

Sorry mate, can't remember a thing(shite memory) all I can remember is you won the league every year Leigh griffith was your star player aswell as a regen called Sanchez. What tactic did you use was it decs? Hope some day you will start again

Hosting it yourself only amounts to the electricity cost (which is very low if you get things like an ITX motherboard.) You don't have to pay anyone else. Computers are dirt cheap, and if you run Linux on it instead instead of Windows you have an OS originally written for servers that rarely needs reboots and is free. Your computer you could probably pick up for between £100 and £200 if you make it yourself, possibly a lot less depending on the power. You don't need a screen as it can share with another computers. And did I mention it's cheaper in you don't pay someone else to host stuff for you?