Dec

sv1c7r.jpg

What you need

A graphics program - Adobe Photoshop is recommended

FMH and/or the FMH editor

A mini-USB to USB cable

WinRar to upload

Basic logo making

Logos must not exceed 38 pixels width and 34 pixels height.

They also must be in .png format and be named the short name of the club; the one that appears in the table or on the editor. Logo names must have spaces replaced by underscores, for example Real Madrid's is R. Madrid so the name of the logo must be R._Madrid.

Logo types

If you're using Photoshop (which you should be) then you have 4 types of logos:

Standard: Logos with no effects and in-game size.

Template: Logos with effects using a .psd in which you just drag and drop the logo onto and place it where the template indicates (for example on the top or below layers).

Action: A logo that is made by adding effects in which can be used for every logo and creating a shortcut which automatically does it instead of doing the same style for each logo over and over again.

Template+Action: A mix of the two above in which you create a .psd and then run the action to add extra effects.

in7508.jpgbgr5sm.jpg

A template logo & an action logo

Other information on logo making

Now I am not going to say do this and this as that is up to you however I would recommend you try out different things and take inspiration from things such as my FMHShine logos came from a mirror reflection streak. You need time and patience to make logos.

Make sure the logos have transparent backgrounds, Photoshop does this with checkers though I would advise Googling how if you're unsure.

Installing/Uploading to the forum

Installing logos is simple, they go in the PICTURE folder from the ROOT menu and as I already mentioned use the short logo name. Club logos go in the folder FMHCLUBS and league/competition logos go in FMHCOMPETITIONS and each folder can have between 300-350 logos.

To upload to the forum then compress it using WinRar; install WinRar then right click the folder and select add to "name.rar" then upload it in here.

Closing words

Photoshop and logo making can be hard, if you have any questions then feel free to post and we will try our best to help you. Try and think outside the box when making them though.

Hope I've helped you into the world of logo making,

Dec

very nice detailed guide,very well written and punctuated shame that i dont have photoshop or else i would make them all day long lol Well Done :D

Just because it's a free-download does not make it freeware, it should be noted that the graphics industry would use Photoshop due to the commercial nature of the application, this allows much easier live support. An advantage not so much required here.

Fair enough, didn't really research GIMP as it isn't really that important.

Yes, GIMP is sufficient for logos but to get the best results with the likes of action files and manipulation through effects Photoshop is the best and is a lot more transferrable through .psds and .atns with more help on this forum for it.

Dec, You should make a video tutorial on how to make these logo's because then the people who attempt to make them will know exactly what to click and choose.

No point as logos can have so many different forms and methods so with this the video tutorial will take forever as it depends on what you want out of it. The best way is to get a logo and play around on Photoshop or GIMP or whatever, the only thing I recommend looking at is Layer > Layer Styles and Googling how to make action files.