Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic EURO 2012 Group Stages

Sunny

Group A:

Russia are obviously gonna qualify, perhaps the Czechs too. Poland are obvious dark horses as they are playing at home.

Group B:

Tough group, but I think Germany's gonna ace thislaugh.gif The Dutch are second.

Group C:

Spain obviously will qualify, hoping to defend their title. I think Croatia have a chance to beat Italy to the second place, but that depends on how Italy do(this means how Balotelli doeslaugh.gif). Bye bye Ireland!(No offense)

Group D:

Closest group IMO, it would be nice to see Ukraine qualify(As hosts, I think they have an advantage). France are strong, Benzema's doing good, and then there's the French Xavi, Marvin Martin. England have to be at their best(they seem to have high spirits)to do good. Ze Swedes are ze obvious black horse, with ze Zlatan regaining his confidece at ze Milan. Enough with that Swedish stuff. Seriously, it depends on the morale and form of the teamsmile.gif

So what do you guys think? I would love to see Ukraine and Poland qualifying, and perhaps a final between the Deutsch and Spanishbiggrin.gif That would be EPIC

Group A:

1. Russia

2. Czech Republic

3. Poland

4. Greece

Group B:

1. Germany

2. Holland

3. Portugal

4. Denmark

Group C:

1. Spain

2. Italy

3. Croatia

4. Ireland

Group D:

1. France

2. England

3. Ukraine

4. Sweden

Group D:

Closest group IMO, it would be nice to see Ukraine qualify(As hosts, I think they have an advantage). France are strong, Benzema's doing good, and then there's the French Xavi, Marvin Martin. England have to be at their best(they seem to have high spirits)to do good. Ze Swedes are ze obvious black horse, with ze Zlatan regaining his confidece at ze Milan. Enough with that Swedish stuff. Seriously, it depends on the morale and form of the teamsmile.gif

So what do you guys think? I would love to see Ukraine and Poland qualifying, and perhaps a final between the Deutsch and Spanishbiggrin.gif That would be EPIC

Ibracadabra doesn't want to play for Sweden anymore ;)

That would be useless, World Cup 2010 proved that, only difference this time around is that van Persie might actually do something

And the fact that you're writing off Ireland already displays just how little knowledge of football you have

That would be useless, World Cup 2010 proved that, only difference this time around is that van Persie might actually do something

And the fact that you're writing off Ireland already displays just how little knowledge of football you have

I'll admit, it might not be epic, but it depends on the coach. Loew might feel confident and take the game to the Spanish giants(which I personally think, is truly plausible and I really hope they do).

I'm betting on Germany winning this.

And the fact that you have any hopes Ireland will do well displays just how British really need to be more realistic about their own football.

Each team has as much chance of winning as anyone else. It is just how they play on the day whether they win or not!

Personally I think

Group A:

1. Russia

2. Czech Republic

3. Greece

4. Poland

Group B:

1. Holland

2. Germany

3. Portugal

4. Denmark

Group C:

1. Spain

2. Croatia

3. Italy

4. Ireland

Group D:

1. England

2. France

3. Ukraine

4. Sweden

I think we'll do well because we have such a good team spirit. Remember, you're cooped up for at least a month in a foreign country. A lot of the English players, for example, are half arsed and just want to finish and go on holiday, but we'll be fighting tooth and nail for every second we're over there. Plus, we have some of the best fans in world football.

I also hope Germany win it and that someone breaks de Jong's leg in four

Group A:

1. Russia

2. Czech Republic

3. Greece

4. Poland

Group B:

1. Germany

2. Holland

3. Portugal

4. Denmark

Group C:

1. Spain

2. Italy

3. Ireland

4. Croatia

Group D:

1. England

2. France

3. Sweden

4. Ukraine

Group A:

1. Greece

2. Russia

3. Czech Republic

4. Poland

Group B:

1. Germany

2. Holland

3. Portugal

4. Denmark

Group C:

1. Spain

2. Italy

3. Croatia

4. Ireland

Group D:

1. France

2. England

3. Sweden

4. Ukraine

Winners = Germany

Group A:

1. Russia

2. Czech Republic

3. Greece

4. Poland

Group B:

1. Germany

2. Holland

3. Portugal

4. Denmark

Group C:

1. Spain

2. Croatia

3. Ireland

4. Italy

Group D:

1. France

2. England

3. Sweden

4. Ukraine

Winners: Germany (just because Spain are so boring)

Group A:

1. Russia

2. Czech Republic

3. Greece

4. Poland

Group B:

1. Germany

2. Holland

3. Portugal

4. Denmark

Group C:

1. Spain

2. Ireland

3. Croatia

4. Italy

Heres why Ireland are going to qualify. Italy remember world cup qualifying 2010 they qot a flooky goal last minute so get a draw and our most recent match up was a 2-0 win. Croatia we also had a friendly against which was a 0-0 draw which this time around we can replicate, maybe even better. And spain who are undoubtedly the best squad in the world but as england showed can be stopped if you play the right way against them.

Group D:

1. France

2. England

3. Sweden

4. Ukraine

Here(')s why Ireland are going to qualify. Italy remember world cup qualifying 2010 they qot a flooky goal last minute so get a draw and our most recent match up was a 2-0 win. Croatia we also had a friendly against which was a 0-0 draw which this time around we can replicate, maybe even better. And spain who are undoubtedly the best squad in the world but as england showed can be stopped if you play the right way against them.

Expect serious abuse from those across the water; even I don't share your optimism

Each team has as much chance of winning as anyone else. It is just how they play on the day whether they win or not!

Thank you!

Ireland can come 2nd, here's the team we must have imo:

Given

Coleman Dunne O'Shea Ward

McCarthy Whelan Hoolahan McGeady

Keane Walters/Doyle

The problem is you're seriously lacking in technical ability.

Are we though? With McGeady, Keane, Coleman, Fahey, McCarthy?

Hoolahan, Pilkington?

Can't believe I forgot Duff, btw those players won't be selected by Trap (I suppose Pilkington might, but there's no hope for Hoolahan or even McCarthy, on current form)

Given

O'Shea Dunne St.Ledger Ward

McGeady Andrews Whelan Duff

Doyle Keane

With players like Walters, Hunt and even Long on the bench

Heres why Ireland are going to qualify. Italy remember world cup qualifying 2010 they qot a flooky goal last minute so get a draw and our most recent match up was a 2-0 win. Croatia we also had a friendly against which was a 0-0 draw which this time around we can replicate, maybe even better. And spain who are undoubtedly the best squad in the world but as england showed can be stopped if you play the right way against them.

We don't have Lippi in charge now who was stuck in the past success of 2006 and choosing the older players over younger ones like Rossi and he had to be the central person at the team he's managing which is why he didn't choose players who were too controversial like Cassano and Balotelli. So World Cup 2010 and the qualifying isn't how we are now. Also on your point of the friendly win, its a friendly. And we beat Spain in a friendly so then both us and you should be able to finish above them with this reasoning.

I don't know if we'll qualify or not, depends how we play when we get there, sometimes we can play well sometimes not, that's what its like with Italy. Everyone says we're not that great because of World Cup but yet we dominated our group with ease.

Also all this is not having a go because of you thinking Ireland will qualify (however ambitious as it is) its just your reasoning I'm getting at here.

In all honesty I feel England have the toughest group, the other groups you know what to expect. England start off against the French, a team who outplayed us only a year ago and are on average younger, followed by the Swedish who we've never managed to beat in a competitive game. Should they go tits up we go into the last game playing one of the hosts on their own turf, hostile crowds and huge motivation. It's by no means settled England will actually qualify.

Ireland for me are dark horses, no real star names on the team sheet but they do have a team spirit about them. Trappatoni is also a trump card, master of getting things right on the day. It took a hand ball to stop him taking the Republic to the last World Cup remember. ;)

It took a hand ball to stop him taking the Republic to the last World Cup remember. ;)

No it didn't, had that goal been disallowed it still would have been a draw

Also England have one of the easiest groups they could have possibly wished for

I know this is a relatively quiet thread, just a few opinions that sparked in my mind.

I think Spain are having quite a serious problem, they don't really have Torres, and Villa might not be able to make it for the EUROs(hopefully he makes it). Personally I'd like to see more of Llorente, or maybe Soldado.

Germany will need to depend on Klose, don't know how he's doing at Lazio now. Gomez doesn't really fit Loew's tactics, and I'm not sure if there are other players that can play in Klose's false nine role. I'd like to see how Podolski and Schruelle does up front too, both are capable of playing a more reserved position. Maybe even Mlapa or Petersen? Another thing would be the 3 attacking midfielders, Germany just have so much talent there(Mueller, Oezil, Podolski, Schruelle, Holtby, Goetze), and plenty more to come(Draxler, Leitner, Bittencourt, Herrmann, Beister, Esswein, Didavi, Felix Kroos, Bellarabi, etc.). It would be a total headache for Loew to fit in so many talented players.

Not to mention the defense, I think left/right back would be the only position(s) with less players available, for defense you've got the likes of Schmiedebach, Raush, Wollscheid, Jantschke that have potential, and in the goal you've already got Neuer, Zieler(United probably regret letting him go), Wiese(He's past it. Maybe not), Adler(Not sure if he'll make it, some say he might leave for Dortmund), maybe even giving Weidenfeller his chance? Not a position to worry, we've still got Leno, Faehrmann, ter Stegen, Ulreich, Trapp(extremely talented player), Unnerstall(with Faehrmann out I think he'll bloom at Schalke), Baumann, Giefer(Leno's too good for him to play).