Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2012 Sunny's 4-3-1-2

Sunny

Hi guys, right after the game I'm pleased to know that we get to edit our formations now, and as you can see, Anwar has made a nice tactic alreadysmile.gif I wanted to release this one yesterday, but I wanted to test it for some more time, especially in lower leagues. And I can ensure you, this is one of the best tactics on iOS(well it has been sublime for me), if not the best.

I've tested it with Real Murcia(Liga Adelante, promoted this season) and Guiseley(Semi-professional, Blue Square North), and results have been promising. I did use another tactic(that I plan on posting maybe on another day)with Murcia, so I'll only update the results I've got with Guiseley. The real test for the tactic will be coming, as we will be facing nPower League 1 side Stevenage in the FA Cup. To make a long story short, in the 17 games we've played, we won 12, and drew 5. Currently unbeatenbiggrin.gif

I've also used a different variant throughout my unemployed challenge, a more offensive variant. It worked wonders with Leicester City, scoring 140 league goals in the process, so if you're interested, please try this in top leagues to see if it works with the elite teams.

Without further delay, I present to you, my 4-3-1-2!

Original Variant:

Player Tactical Roles and Formation

PlayerRoles4312.jpg

Team Instructions

991a885c.jpg

Results

ea8b7e3d.jpg

Offensive Variant:

Player Tactical Roles and Formation

ee784960.jpg

Team Instructions

c30a73df.jpg

Results

676d5168.jpg

It's really simple to edit the formation, just take a 4-1-3-2/4-1-2-1-2/4-3-3 or any other formation and drag the players into position.

Goalkeeper: Your typical goalkeeper, aerial ability, reflexes and strength are obviously crucial.

Wingbacks: Key players to the formation, they can assist a lot, especially in lower leagues. Good crossing and tackling are important. Teamwork is also important, as I think the tactic works better with offside trap on.

Ball Playing Defenders: These players are your usual defenders, but they are also encouraged to launch balls up the field(hence Mixed passing). Strength and tackling are obviously crucial, and also teamwork as offside trap is on.

Deep Lying Midfielders: These are your defensive midfielders, and they will also move out wide when enabled, or come near the edge of the box to make long shots. Tackling, passing are important attributes. Important players.

Box-to-Box Midfielder: He will run up and down the pitch, providing support to the attacking front and defense. Stamina and good all-round stats are important(preferably passing, shooting and tackling).

Central Midfielder: See the Box-to-box midfielder, with less stamina.

Advanced Playmaker: The heartbeat of your team, he should have good technique, dribbling and passing. Good shooting is a bonus as he will make forward runs. It's best if you play an AM RLC here, as he would also move out wide, so if he could cross well too, it could mean another goal for your team. Very important player. Jack Wilshere and Andres Iniesta have done amazing in this position, contributing a lot of assists and a decent amount of goals. Iniesta finished as the top scorer in the league and contributed 31 assists in 50+ games. I imagine Messi would be sublime here.

Advanced Forwards: They are the strikers, simple enough? I prefer putting one with decent strength and heading(it would also be great if he had good teamwork, to assist more) with one technical, pacey finisher. Of course, it doesn't really matter, as their role would be to look for chances and make the best out of them.

TIPS: This actually originated from a very flexible tactic I created, so I think you could really tweak the midfield trio to suit your team. But do keep at least one DLM. If you're facing a team that has less central midfielders than you do and you feel confident(or you're a top side), you could also change the passing to 'Short' and see how it works!

P.S. Try 'short' passing if you are one of the best teams in your league. It might work better.

There you go, my first successful tactic on FMHi 2012. Do give me some feedback if you've used this, whether it be positive or negative, or maybe you could have tweaked it to become betterwink.gif

Nice one Sunny! I've developed a crazy tactic that I'm testing in the Welsh league... Might post it later ;)

Is it a 4-3-2-1? I hope it's not as same as mine :D

Nice one Sunny! I've developed a crazy tactic that I'm testing in the Welsh league... Might post it later ;)

Is it a 4-3-2-1? I hope it's not as same as mine :D

No, don't worry ;)

Aye, our unbeaten run was beaten by Stevenage after they overcame us by 2-1. We won tactically though, but they outclassed us in terms of quality. We managed to get 8 shots on target out of 11 attempts(they attempted 4, 3 were on target, 2 goals), but only scored 1.

Never mind though, we just thrashed Gainsborough 5-0 and they didn't even manage to attempt one shot!

Aye, our unbeaten run was beaten by Stevenage after they overcame us by 2-1. We won tactically though, but they outclassed us in terms of quality. We managed to get 8 shots on target out of 11 attempts(they attempted 4, 3 were on target, 2 goals), but only scored 1.

Never mind though, we just thrashed Gainsborough 5-0 and they didn't even manage to attempt one shot!

How far did you go unbeaten?

And that table looks very impressive :)

How far did you go unbeaten?

I've already started a new season, but I think it was about 15-20 before Stevenage, and we were never beaten since(we lost against Stockport in penalties in the FA Trophy, but we dominated both legs, the semi-final and replay), so I'm guessing around 35-40 matches unbeaten after Stevenage

And that table looks very impressive :)

I knowwink.gif

One thing I'm starting to notice is the importance of wing-backs in lower leagues(especially when you play a narrow formation), they usually contribute the most assists.

EDIT: Ahh yes, we were 17 matches unbeaten before Stevenage, then another 37 matches unbeaten. We remain unbeaten after Stevenage.

Pretty good for me with schake

Won europa cup, 2nd in German division

Gj :)

Nice to know that it works good with stronger teams. It works best with lower league teams though, where their passing isn't the best and they don't have good stadium facilities.

Solid tactic Sunny, as usual! How has the Inter save been going with this tactic? Might try this tactic out on my save I have at the moment.

I gave up because they had too many oldieslaugh.gif I'm just not used to playing around the oldies...probably explains my love for young gems and regensbiggrin.gif

Young Gems and Regens<3

I can agree, my standards of age are way to high in my saves, unless if it is Gerrard :D

Gerrard is acceptable :D

May I ask, is this a high scoring tactic? At the moment, I have alot of high-profile strikers playing on my side and they are either offside of struggling to put it in the back on the net. just wondering is all :D

May I ask, is this a high scoring tactic? At the moment, I have alot of high-profile strikers playing on my side and they are either offside of struggling to put it in the back on the net. just wondering is all :D

I'm not sure reallyunsure.gifI could give you some feedback after I finish this season with Plymouth(I'll be using this as I don't want to waste Sammy Ameobi's talent)

If you could, that would be extremely helpful. Just curious about it as I have been struggling to find the back of net with this formation with some class strikers.

If you could, that would be extremely helpful. Just curious about it as I have been struggling to find the back of net with this formation with some class strikers.

Like...?

Like...?

Currently I have Higuain, Cavani, Dzeko, Suarez all in my squad, just messing about trying to make Liverpool champions again! Haha

Added offensive variant - worked wonders with Leicester in 2014, started with 'Insecure' financial condition and a bunch of oldies.

Awesome tactic! Won 2 leagues in a row with Blyth Spartans, now on my third season in league 2! I have been beaten only twice against championship teams like Derby in the league cup. Really solid tactic here. (the offensive variant)

Awesome tactic! Won 2 leagues in a row with Blyth Spartans, now on my third season in league 2! I have been beaten only twice against championship teams like Derby in the league cup. Really solid tactic here. (the offensive variant)

I know, I thought the original one wasn't good enough so I improved it during my time at Plymouth. I've used it throughout my attempt of the unemployed challenge, now using it with Chelsea in 2020. I conceded too much when I was at Udinese, but winning the league is pretty good for a team that just got promoted (Udinese always get relegated in the gameunsure.gif)

Any chance you could get some screenshots?

Sunny,

Did you have any trouble with 4-4-1-1 against your offensive version, I still have trouble against this formation? :angry:

I still struggle home and away, they always seem to nick a draw or win, even if I have had treble the changes? My strikers seem to pick these games to shoot like a donkey...