Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2012 The Iscout Team of the Month!

Ashez

While in principal I agree iScout isn't meant to be an article based section but a place to share players who are good. I would much rather 100 basic style players than 10 top quality style players in this section.

I feel this should be in order to judge a player as if I post a basic style one about Ayew and 10 people have used him and he's amazing yet you post an amazing style one about some player I've never heard of and no one has used him, then who should be in the top players of the month?

I understand your point of view, but I think that this criteria would result in nothing but a list of players with high CA-PA.

And I disagree with the content of the month clash. A player guide can be contents of the month (although I don't remember it happening) but the content of the month is not necessarily a player guide. Plus, Ashez is selecting 11 best players (guides), not only one.

Not entirely the team of the month can be judged on great players or great performances and people will be more inclined to vote for players who have performed for them or have read about their good performances for others.

That's a fair point. The only problem is that it would bias the selection of more established players in spite of the truly great unknown findings.

Problem with doing it on "star players" is that players which are good in lower leagues would never make it into the team. Like the striker i posted was amazing in the level he plays yet because hes not world class he gets over looked therefore discouraging people posting league 2 players etc.

I know iscout is for players which are amazing yet some people are interested in the lower leagues so good players from that level should be posted.

True but as I said people are more likely to vote for a player they've used. This is similar to content of the month at the moment when it should be based on the players.

The concept isn't "Team of the month" but "Player guides of the month sorted by positions".

The poll has been posted.

Make sure you pay attension to vote allowances ;)

I made it public to ensure noone votes for there own work. Anyone found voting for there own work will have there votes and that guide discounted.

Good luck everyone :)

Remember to start getting your guides in for this months comp :)

The poll has been posted.

Make sure you pay attension to vote allowances ;)

I made it public to ensure noone votes for there own work. Anyone found voting for there own work will have there votes and that guide discounted.

Good luck everyone :)

Remember to start getting your guides in for this months comp :)

Ooops voted before seeing this, any way i can change my JET vote to someone else?

Dopey sod :huh: :unsure:

EDIT: Deleted my votes and re-voted...phew :blush:

I'll just dish out a warning this month to you and to anyone else, due to you made a honest mistake, and i cba with the agruing potential (Like the other monthly poll) but this is the last month i'll be generous with it.

Ensure you read the thread before voting to ensure it stays legit.

Cheers for votes so far :) keep them coming.

Unsure how long voting should last any ideas?

I'll just dish out a warning this month to you and to anyone else, due to you made a honest mistake, and i cba with the agruing potential (Like the other monthly poll) but this is the last month i'll be generous with it.

Ensure you read the thread before voting to ensure it stays legit.

Cheers for votes so far :) keep them coming.

Unsure how long voting should last any ideas?

Cheers mate :) Changed my vote for JET anyways wahooo :)

I'd say give it no more than a week maybe 3/4 days, a week at the most imo.

No worries mate. I new someone wouldn't read thread, so already desided i'd be relaxed about it this month untill everyone understands its format :)

Next month i'll be a right bitch about it ;)

So theres a warning to everyone! Read the thread before you vote!!

Start posting guides again when your ready :)

No worries mate. I new someone wouldn't read thread, so already desided i'd be relaxed about it this month untill everyone understands its format :)

Next month i'll be a right bitch about it ;)

So theres a warning to everyone! Read the thread before you vote!!

Start posting guides again when your ready :)

Good stuff mate nice approach :)

Consider me warned sir :P

Will try and do some over the next few days, got to find players i can do them on first :P

Just checked the votes cast and noticed a member has voted for there own work, so i've PMd them to change it asap.

I'm just informing you all so i don't recieve any comments about it etc.

It is also another warning, read the thread before voting in the poll!

This month we are all finding our way into the way the competition runs so i'm being nice about it, but next month i will be sticking to the rules. Anyone caught voting on there own work will have that guide taken down from the poll.

Just like to say sorry to the people who are following and having to reread my warnings :P.

Once again keep up the good work :). I'll be closing the poll sometime Saturday but unsure what time yet so get your votes in while you can!

Cheers