Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2012 Sunny's Unemployed Challenge

Sunny

So yeah, I'm doing this again. And I'm picking up where I left it last year, picking Scotland as my other nation. I only have to manage Rangers this year, but its actually harder to get out of Scotland because of the reputation. Here goes nothing...

Season 1: Plymouth Argyle

Like everyone else, I started with Plymouth in nPower League 2. I got Hauk on free, and also Wayne Brown and Shane Higgs who were free agents. I thought that RB was weak, so I got Jean Sony on free too. Other transfers include Frank Nouble, Daniel Philliskirk, Alex-Ray Harvey and James Wilson on loan. It's October now, and we're sitting in 2nd place in the league, 1 point behind Bradford(wink.gifConor) and Bradford have one game to go. Gilingham are third, Gilingham, Port Vale and Bradford are still unbeaten in the league.

We've also done amazing in the cups, into the 2nd round of JPT South and 4th round of the League Cup, beating the likes of Sunderland and Norwich in the processwink.gif I saw the 'Lin Masterminds Giantkilling' screen, but forgot to take a screenshotsad.gif

I knew you'd join the bandwagon :P

Some familiar signings like Sony and Hauk, both great buys, how are they doing for you?

Good luck mate :D

Sony has been good, though not assisting as much as Bhasera :P

I've tried applying for a few jobs, such as Carlisle, Ipswich(They should be relegated to League 1 but still have a very impressive squad) and Southampton(should stay up), but none offered me one.

Season 1: Plymouth Argyle

nPower League 2: Winners

Johnstone's Paint Trophy: Winners

English League Cup: 4th round(lost to Leicester by 3-2)

FA Cup: Quarter Finals(Lost to Arsenal by 3-0)

First season at Plymouth has been extremely good, and we did a lot of giant killing, by beating Sunderland(sorry Samsmile.gif) on penalties, Norwich by 2-0 and Fulham by 1-0. Won the league and JPT, as expectedbiggrin.gif I'm probably gonna have to stick with Plymouth until at least the Championships if I'm lucky. Oh well, just a matter of time clubs notice my awesomenesslaugh.gif Wanted to get Jack Butland on Bosman, but I just don't understand how it works in England, Birmingham extended his contract, yet now he's unhappy with it and will leave for 7M.

Screenshots:

Giant Killing:

f4ca1485.jpg

6531abd3.jpg

6871a2d2.jpg

Our luck runs out eventually...

132880e7.jpg

Not a problem, though:

3746220b.jpg

We win the league:

626522cf.jpg

0ae219c6.jpg

bafc2f5c.jpg

599ef4d6.jpg

Awards:

94d225b5.jpg

9ad25c06.jpg

4dfbc2a7.jpg

I'll update on our transfers for Season 2 after Septembersmile.gif

Do you make applications for EVERY team or only lower rep teams

From my experience they'll only accept it if you're at the same level as they aim to be, so you can only get a L1 job if you're in L1. I joined Chelsea last year when I got Bristol Rovers promoted into the EPL, after so many consecutive promotions with Newport Co and Bristol Rovers

Nice start, and why was Wes Brown taking a penalty :P

Well, Gordon got injured an Ji Don Won was in goal :P

Can he actually play in goal or just because there was no sub keeper on the bench? :P

Nice start, and why was Wes Brown taking a penalty :P

Well, Gordon got injured an Ji Don Won was in goal :P

Can he actually play in goal or just because there was no sub keeper on the bench? :P

They used up all the subs...Gordon got injured in the 117th minute

Season 2: Plymouth Argyle

First season in League 1...not many aims to be honest. Just winning the title and defending our JPT Trophycool.gif

Transfers Out:

Jamie Richards - Leeds - 80K

Isaac Vassell, Jed Harper-Penman, Dan Hart,Warren Feeney, Matt Lecointe, Jared Sims and Jordan Berry were released.

Transfers In:

Dominic Cervi, Paul Taylor, Marcus Bean, Patrick Agyemang, Lee Johnson, Paul Thirlwell - Free Agents

Lionel Ainsworth - Shrewsbury - Bosman

Sammy Ameobi, Shkodran Mustafi, Tom Eastman, Dale Bennett - Loan

I realized that I had too much talent up front, so I decided to switch to a modified version of my 4-3-1-2 - let see how it doessmile.gif I can still switch back to TheKraken if I wanted, as we had much depth. We were knocked out by Southampton in the League Cup early on, as we lost 0-2. Oh well, the new squad needed more time to gel together. We did win Swindon 2-0 in the JPT, not that it would be difficult. I'm looking at Michael Campbell, a Scottish defender with his contract expired at Dunfermline. Pretty sure he's David Weir's regen, so hopefully he likes our clublaugh.gif

Did some scouting, I've found Henry and Frei's regens, both with expiring contracts. I think I'll try to get Frei as he's on wages that I can actually afford, but I'm worried that he won't want to move to Plymouth, still unknown to the outside world...for now.

Into November, I edited the tactic again to give it more defensive solidity and more support in attack, and we're doing well. Sitting 2nd in the league, only 2 points behind leaders Huddersfield, still unbeaten. If we keep this up and get Frei, we shouldn't have any problem winning the leaguecool.gif

Into February, we've secured only 2 Bosmans for the end of the season, mainly due to most of them not interested in Plymouth...they'll regret that once we get into the EPLmad.gif Got a nice young back-up goalkeeper for 10K, should grow into something decent. The 2 bosmans were both GKs, one Italian(Should become one of the best in the game) and an American(Should replace Cervi and I think he's either Howard of Hahnemann).

The edited version of my 4-3-1-2 is working very well lately, despite the tight schedules. We rarely score less than 2 per match, and 5 goals per match has been quite common lately. We recorded a 5-1 and 5-0 win over Southend, a 6-1 win over Yeovil, and a 7-0 over York(Cups). Sitting at the top of the league, with 2 games to go and 5 points clear of Huddersfield. Stefan Hauk has been amazing despite him becoming a mere back-up, we needed him during tight schedules or when Agyemang was on international duty. Surprisingly our goals were evenly distributed, with Sammy and Agyemang both scoring 12 league goals, Hauk and Johnson both scored 7, and Walton scored 6. Don't be fooled though, we've already scored 78 goals in 29 gamesbiggrin.gif

Is the italian Buffon? ;)

I thought he was, but then I searched for De Sanctis and Buffon and both were still in the game. He looks really nice though, 19 Agility and 15 Reflexes and handling. 14 for everything else important.

Finished the season, was linked to the West Brom job(They're still in the EPL), but they picked Alan Curbishley. Many clubs have offered me jobs, but I rejected all of them. Apart from onewink.gif It's probably about time to move oncool.gif Don't get too excited though, you could guesssmile.gif

Other news - Ipswich have been relegated to nPower League 2wacko.gif Blackpool are back in the EPL

Season 2: Plymouth Argyle

nPower League 1: Winners

FA Cup: Can't remember :P Knocked out by Stoke

League Cup: Knocked out early onlaugh.gif

Johnstone's Paint Trophy: Winners

Screenshots

Defending our title:

df740399.jpg

Winning the league...consecutive promotion isn't that hard :P

3b8daabb.jpg

Devastated...my star striker wants to retire after just 1 season of domination with Sunny

658e499c.jpg

Season Review

32330b4f.jpg

Manager Profile

f27afa55.jpg

Season 3: ???

At the start of Season 3 I asked myself - Am I following the strategies and learning from my experience last year? The answer was no, apparently, as I wasn't moving on. I was already feeling the pressure to move on last season, with limited financial support, we couldn't make many transfers apart from getting free agents and Bosmans. It was clear that our squad won't be up to Championship standards(that, in English, means winning the league

wink.gif). We were given 325K at the start of season 3 with Plymouth, with a serious problem with the squad - Hauk was our only striker, as Agyemang retired and Ameobi returned to Newcastle. For some reason, I also loved the team I had. I had a good regen defense, paired with great wing backs, Sony and Bhasera. Do I leave them like that?

The answer, apparently, was yes. I was approached by another Championship club, with a squad quite up to Championship standards, only needed a few transfers to sharpen up the club. From my knowledge, they should have good finances too, maybe hitting 1M - should be enough for me to get Henry's regen at Brescia.

I decided to accept the job offer, and I noticed a message that said that 3.3M was injected into the club(not Sugar Daddy

wink.gif) to pay off debts. I was too excited and didn't read that well. Nice, I thought to myself, we have more money.

I was wrong. I was terribly wrong.

LFCF.jpg

Just great, I think I've gotta rename this the 'Financially insecure challenge". First Plymouth, then ???. Just great

dry.gif At least they have a better squad than Plymouth.

Anyone want to guess?