Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2012 The 2000 goal challenge

Sunny

Anyone that has been on here for a while will remember that I attempted 1000 goals with Neymar not so far back. Honestly, with the number of games, I should be aiming more. So this time, I'm doing 2000laugh.gif

Season 1: Santos

We're off to a good start, Neymar scored 124 goals in 68 games, gave out too many assists to be honest, 15 is a bit too much really.

Total Goals: 124 Goals

20 seasons scoring 100 goals in each o_O. Good luck with that Sunny.

100 goals per season isn't very hard in Brazil ;)

In fact I'm aiming for 150 per season, now that's a challenge.

Anyone that has been on here for a while will remember that I attempted 1000 goals with Neymar not so far back. Honestly, with the number of games, I should be aiming more. So this time, I'm doing 2000laugh.gif

Season 1: Santos

We're off to a good start, Neymar scored 124 goals in 68 games, gave out too many assists to be honest, 15 is a bit too much really.

Total Goals: 124 Goals

That's an encouraging start! Only 1876 goals to go :P

I bet you 5 yen that you won't make it :P

First of all, Yen is what the Japanese use. RMB is for Mainland China, and we use HKDlaugh.gif

I doubt I won't make itlaugh.gif

I bet you 5 yen that you won't make it :P

First of all, Yen is what the Japanese use. RMB is for Mainland China, and we use HKDlaugh.gif

I doubt I won't make itlaugh.gif

That's like 50 cents of HK dollar!

Can't wait :)

You know Season 2 alreadywink.gif

Good point :P, I forgot how far we got in our convo. So what i ment to say was i can't wait for an update which is also new to me lol

Best of luck either way :)

After achieving world domination last season(Sao Paulo State, First Division, Recopa, Libertadores, CWC), we got a better budget, but most of it was used on the wage budget, as the players were crying for better contracts. We ended up geting Michael Ortega from Mexican side Atlas and Diego Contento from Bayern on Bosman.

Both provided more depth for the team, but it was our new Argentinian AMC, Esteban Aranda(Juan Roman Riquelme's regen) from Manchester United that made a large impact on the team. He scored 10 goals and created 22 assists in 41 games this season, pretty good considering we got him on Bosman. We continued our world domination, once again beating Barcelona in the finals. Oh and we also got a 16yo Argentinian D LC who was out of contract.

Enough about Santos, lets check out Neymar:

Season 2: 70 matches played, 141 goals, 8 assists, 3 yellow cards, Average Rating: 9.17

That's pretty good if you ask me, simple maths, Goal to game ratio is over 2, or in English, Neymar scored a little more than 2 goals per match. Let's hope he keeps this up next season. I'm praying that we won't face Barca in the CWC finals this season, but I seriously doubt it.

TOTAL GOALS: 124+141 = 265 goals

13.25% finished, 1735 goals to go...

EDIT: Just learnt that there's a bug in the game, so I'll be facing Barca in the CWC every season from now ondry.gif Lets just hope some Asian team manages to beat them every now and then...

Great stuff so far Sunny, KIU.

That Argie DL/C could that be Heinze?

Not sure. He's a natural DC, think Heinze is natural DL.

Just looked, Heinze is a natural DC on iOS, accomplished left back.

Sunny, Are you playing 4-4-1-1 again?

Santos didn't have the squad for a 4-4-1-1, so I went for a 4-3-2-1. It's working better than my 4-4-1-1 last year IMO.

Jens, Ortega's been reliable back-up, he's no match for Aranda and Gando though.

Sunny, Are you playing 4-4-1-1 again?

Santos didn't have the squad for a 4-4-1-1, so I went for a 4-3-2-1. It's working better than my 4-4-1-1 last year IMO.

How is it set up? if you don't mind me asking?

Season 3 - Mid-season update

Obviously now that I've sorted out stuff and completed our World Domination for another year, things would be easy, right? Well, wrong. Apparently the squad I had was aging really fast, even faster than last year, so I needed some regens. Our most expensive transfer was Nicky Allen, a.k.a. David Beckham, for 2 million pounds. Found him at MK Dons, I'm keeping him around as backup. There's also this midfielder called Diego Bispo dos Santos, who I'm planning on retraining into a D/M/F RLC, if possible, a SW D/M/F RLC. He's already a M/F RLC, so we're not far from there. Got him less than 1M, same things goes to the other ones I'm about to mention.

Key players such as Durval, Edu Dracena, Ibson, Elano and Leo are all past 30, so I guess I'll need more experienced regens. Apart from some Brazilian veggies(Including 2 GKs, one I'm sure to be Rogerio Ceni's regen) I brought in, I've got regens of Michel Salgado, Ballack, Stankovic, Schwarzer, Cahill and more about to come in. The future's looking brightlaugh.gif But I'm certain my wage budget will go way overunsure.gif

Enough on the team, Neymar's already scored 76 goals in 32 matches, not bad. My main complain would still be the lack of goals in the Copa Libertadores. But he seems to be doing good under Mano Menezes, scoring 12 goals in 25 matches. I do hope he gets sacked soon :P

Nice update, hopefully he gets over 120-130 goals this season ;)

That's easylaugh.gif I'm aiming for 150unsure.gif

I've also started to notice that we're leaking goals as our defensive midfielders Henrique and Adriano aren't that reliable. I'll give Arouca a chance but I'm looking for a new defensive midfielder as well. Or should Stankovic fill in the spot...

Found Zanetti's regen, but he's too expensive. Same things goes to Gerrard.

By the way, we won Sao Paulo state winning all matchesbiggrin.gif