Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic English football

Davis

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

Even Everton fans were never that pleased with him. He lso spent a lot more than people tend to believe, £20m odd on hair ball for example. 

Henderson is a complete and utter donkey who offers nothing but running around like a headless chicken.

29 minutes ago, Ashez said:

s9Niy2R.jpg

His total backward passes are almost double lol. To be honest, Henderson starts whereas Fellaini sits on our bench. Henderson would rot in our reserves if he was at Utd.

28 minutes ago, FMH Skill said:

His total backward passes are almost double lol. To be honest, Henderson starts whereas Fellaini sits on our bench. Henderson would rot in our reserves if he was at Utd.

Well tbf, their stats are quite similar given Fellaini played 3/4 the minutes.

Edited by MerlionMaple96

I'd largely say it's risk free tbh. If he flops he can say "oh it's Sunderland" yet if he does well he'll be the saviour. I did expect him to pop up somewhere in a more stable club but he obviously feels he can do something there. 

55 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

Chris Coleman to Sunderland, thoughts @samhardy?

Relatively pleased, let's be honest the shortlist of managers we had wasn't that inspiring, half of them didn't want to come. Coleman isn't a great coach but has the passion and man management skills we need. It's no coincidence that our best managers in recent years in Keano and Reid have had those attributes.

We'll see I guess. Wasn't going to go to Villa on Tuesday but am now we actually have one of those things known as a manager :P

6 minutes ago, Ashez said:

I'd largely say it's risk free tbh. If he flops he can say "oh it's Sunderland" yet if he does well he'll be the saviour. I did expect him to pop up somewhere in a more stable club but he obviously feels he can do something there. 

Is it really risk free for him though. Ok Sunderland are a mess but he doesn't have that great a record as a club manager and football has short memories of success but long memory of failure. I thought he might want a more stable club to go back into club management with.

I just have this feeling that the stars aligned for him at Wales but not sure this is the right move for him.

We're still a big draw for most managers in all fairness, the list of names we've been through recently supports that - Allardyce, Poyet, Di Canio, Bruce, Keane, Advocaat, O'Neill... All big names within football. The problem is much deeper than just who's coaching the players.

We just need a period of stability and then success should follow and if Coleman can provide that then he's 100% made the correct decision. Simple as that really

On 18/11/2017 at 11:18, samhardy said:

We're still a big draw for most managers in all fairness, the list of names we've been through recently supports that - Allardyce, Poyet, Di Canio, Bruce, Keane, Advocaat, O'Neill... All big names within football. The problem is much deeper than just who's coaching the players.

We just need a period of stability and then success should follow and if Coleman can provide that then he's 100% made the correct decision. Simple as that really

You need a new chairman/owner dude, yill then Coleman can only do so much.

Im Toon thru n thru but i wish you all the best mate...

2 minutes ago, Chris Woodward said:

You need a new chairman/owner dude, yill then Coleman can only do so much.

Im Toon thru n thru but i wish you all the best mate...

Chairman just doesn't make sense, surely if he'd wanted to sell up he would have made sure it happened in the Premier League because right now we're dropping in value by the second. It just makes no sense from a business perspective.

Coleman must have been promised money in January otherwise he wouldn't have taken the job and I struggle to see where that money is coming from.

Think we should look to snap up that Gareth Bale for peanuts, worked with Coleman before and looks a decent prospect!

2 hours ago, samhardy said:

Chairman just doesn't make sense, surely if he'd wanted to sell up he would have made sure it happened in the Premier League because right now we're dropping in value by the second. It just makes no sense from a business perspective.

Coleman must have been promised money in January otherwise he wouldn't have taken the job and I struggle to see where that money is coming from.

Think we should look to snap up that Gareth Bale for peanuts, worked with Coleman before and looks a decent prospect!

If only dude...but he could be a decent prospect. Was an FM wonderkid if i remember righly.

Maybe Coleman thinks if he can do it on a shoestring his stock will go up. To be fair hid did well with Wales' championship squad of players so he knows what quality the division has. Could surprise us all.

1 hour ago, samhardy said:

Always a good away day at Birmingham's Number 2, can't wait. Chris Coleman's red and white army!

Ha ha thats the spirit!