Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic European Football

Eoin

Talk about any European League in this thread.

Just got into the foreign league scene, have been watching the Serie A and Liga BBVA and Bundeliga highlights a bit.

One point I must make is that Barcelona's away form has been dire and that's what's bringing them down. They've dropped 14 away from the Camp Nou and only dropped 2 at home. In contrast, Réal have only dropped 4 away, and only 7 all season. Your thoughts?

Totally agree with that.

Starting to see how important Schweini is to Bayern and Germany. Their performances have suffered due to his injury. They just lack the one to switch from defense into attack. Like Dortmund without Sahin, but we've survived, though we could be better with him.

There's also reports that there's been arguments inside Bayern as well, Ribery/Robben vs Gomez, Müller vs Badstuber/Gustavo.

Expect weekly updates on how poor Inter are now. We should get our first win since 19th January tomorrow against Catania, but wouldn't surprise me if its the generic loss without us scoring <_< Also don't see why we signed Guarin in January, he's been injured since about November but expected back in couple of week so I expect good things, just shows how poor our transfers have been this season :(

You watching Bayer v Bayern?

Actually Sunny, why are Wolfsburg being so crap away also?

Was, I got bored :D

Many clubs are horrible away as well, namely Werder Bremen. Guess it's because how good the teams are at home. Wolfsburg's crap because of Magath. Nasty manager...

Felix Magath? Didn't he manage some big team not so long ago?

Schalke ;)

I hate him because of his methods. You get fined for not tracking back, you get fined for listening to your iPod on the coach, etc. And he loves spending as well...

Why do teams like Cardiff, Swansea, Wrexham etc. play in the English league system rather than the Welsh leagues. The teams would dominate over in Wales so why would they come to England?

Hopefully this is the right place...

They probably started off there and feel it would be stupid to go back. And if all the welsh teams went back to play in wales it would be a Cardiff/Swansea race for the first few seasons to win meaning the quality of their playing would go down because of how poor the league is and then it would settle down to a few more team trying for the league but the strength of Cardiff/Swansea would not be as it is now.

I have the Eurosport app on my phone and I look at all the results from all the top leagues in Europe Every week and I don't know if anyone has seen that Juventus are still unbeaten in the Seria A and are second behind AC Milan with a game in hand. Personal I think the Seria A is a poor league

I have the Eurosport app on my phone and I look at all the results from all the top leagues in Europe Every week and I don't know if anyone has seen that Juventus are still unbeaten in the Seria A and are second behind AC Milan with a game in hand. Personal I think the Seria A is a poor league

Napoli what? ;)

They are a great league because of the standard of SOME clubs (Inter Milan, Juventus, AC Milan) but the UEFA coefficient puts them at 4th. That's pretty high so Juventus shouldn't be having an unbeaten season like they are

Still a poor result Franco :P

I know its still poor, but scoring for the first time since 1st of Feb has got to be a massive boost for the team. We definitely need to concentrate on younger players since after Poli and Obi came on we were completely different. Although I'm not keen on Obi, as he usually runs with it then can't put a good end ball in, he had a good game and Poli was our best player in my opinion. Also Faraoni had a good first half but no idea why Ranieri took him off. Sneijder should start and Pazzini should be dropped too. No Palombo either.

Yeah, hopefully we sign him at end of season, he's been playing well in the little games he's been played, and he's Italian which is always a plus. Also he was born near where my family come from, that's always good too :P

We'll be facing Augsburg away this week, with Kehl back but Goetze still not fit yet. Kuba should be available though, surprised that he's actually the one who gave the most assists till now, thought he was complaining about not enough game time earlier this season.

Kagawa's negotiating a new deal, so shoo if anyone's trying to pry him away.

Kagawa to Liverpool :unsure:

And fight for mid-table mediocrity? I doubt it. He's too smart to do another Sahin...

Damn we drew last night, and Bayern thrashed Hoffenheim 7-1, so the gap isn't that big now...we better start winning again and Bayern better start losing points again...