Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2010 It's all about the money, money, money...

Eoin

We were on the brink of a fanstastic season for the club. We were 14 points clear of Barcelona with 24 points left for grabs. We were in the Spanish Cup final against Xerez. We weren't in the Champions League, however. A 3-2 aggeregate defeat to Marseilles saw us crash out of the competition I so desperately wanted to win. It was weird, we had won all 6 group games and were unbeaten all season going into the game in France. They wiped the floor with us. We were lucky it was only 3-0. It was also weird that an old player, Fernando Morientes, and a future player , Chris Gadi, were the ones who scored. We won the 2nd leg 2-0 but it wasn't enough. We brought in some fantastic signings, namely Giorgio Chiellini, Luis Suarez, Cesc Fabregas, Yoann Gourcuff and Juan Manuel Mata. The shining light? Kaka. 19 goals from Central Midfield and some heroic displays, including the 4-0 win at the Camp Nou and the 4-0 win at home to Atletico Madrid. 09/10 will be remembered long in the hearts of Reàl fans. I had to finish the job first, though.

Chapter 1 - The South American job.

Real Madrid vs. Barcelona

17th April 2010, Estadio Santiago Bernabèu.

A true 6-pointer, a match made in heaven, El Clasico. In the words of Foster the People; Call it what you want.

This was a huge game. A Reàl win would see them go 17 points clear with 21 left to take. A Barcelona victory would make the gap 11, and put pressure on Reàl to get the job done.

The game went by so fast. It was mostly bogged down in midfield for the first 30 minutes. we piled on the pressure for 5 minutes and got our reward. Higuaín with a bullet header. His 15th for the season and a huge goal for us. We scored again before the break, Kaka sprinting past a dogged looking Puyol and doubling our lead. They came out well and Messi struck the post early in the half. We held on, though, and put ourselves 4 points away from title.

Real Madrid 2 - 0 Barcelona

In the words of Foster the People; Call it what you want.

Forster The People FTW! :D

Intresting to see where this is going, keep it up :)

FIFA 12 :wub:

cheers man :)

In case you guys are wondering, I play FM10 as i have 1st gen iPod so it take about 700 hours even to download FM11. I also love the simplicity of FM10 :).

Play Higuain there then :P

Who do you play in your 3-5-2

How old is Higuain in 11? I was thinking 15 after half a season for him was quite short

No, he's older than 15.

I was talking about the amount of goals he scored. 15 for a striker isn't alot

How old is Higuain in 11? I was thinking 15 after half a season for him was quite short

No, he's older than 15.

I gathered, I was just being a dick about it. Seems every time I attempt to be a dick tonight it keeps going over peoples heads :(

No, he's older than 15.

I gathered, I was just being a dick about it. Seems every time I do it tonight it keeps going over peoples head :(

Make it more obvious when your dicking around then :lol: